Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gaining a Plumbing Licence in QLD

Gaining a Plumbing Licence in QLD

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:18 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gaining a Plumbing Licence in QLD

Rooksie have you seen that someone has got their TRA back. Sent 4th June. What actual date did yours go?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Terry's got the hump because I just read him this thread

likewise mate!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Rooksie have you seen that someone has got their TRA back. Sent 4th June. What actual date did yours go?

OMG really - missed that one!! feel sick now. ours was 17 june so bit of a wait still.

oh god - feel ill
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:25 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
so what do you plan on doing then???? stick out for plumbing or open a bar!?!?!

actually, dont tell Jed, but i wouldnt mind going back to work. ive only stayed at home for the last 2 years and im going round the bend!!!
I haven't a clue what I'm going to do, this is why the exchange rate has been stressing me out as I had 300k for a house and another 50k for a car and living expenses for up to a year maybe more. I now don't have that buffer and with work prospects not being that bright it's a bit of a worry.

I'm going to have to just get out there and see what turns up.

I think my friends sister may be able to get be a bit of casual work here and there doing office cleaning and Rachel can always temp.

To be honest I'm sick of imagining all the different scenarios and want to get there and test the water so to speak.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:27 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Sent ya a PM Flumper,
Sounds ok to me, I was expecting worst.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
I haven't a clue what I'm going to do, this is why the exchange rate has been stressing me out as I had 300k for a house and another 50k for a car and living expenses for up to a year maybe more. I now don't have that buffer and with work prospects not being that bright it's a bit of a worry.

I'm going to have to just get out there and see what turns up.

I think my friends sister may be able to get be a bit of casual work here and there doing office cleaning and Rachel can always temp.

To be honest I'm sick of imagining all the different scenarios and want to get there and test the water so to speak.

this is what Jed is saying - he says he will just do *whatever* but seing as he has mainly only done plumbing/gas/electrics and owned a pub what else is there to do!?!?!?

i have started looking at law firms and there are some pretty swish ones in Perth but not a great deal in adelaide
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:32 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

this is what Jed is saying - he says he will just do *whatever* but seing as he has mainly only done plumbing/gas/electrics and owned a pub what else is there to do!?!?!?

i have started looking at law firms and there are some pretty swish ones in Perth but not a great deal in adelaide
I suppose it all comes down to how much you need to earn.
Also you never know meeting expats one maybe able to steer you in the right direction with a job contact, there's also quite a few Hammers fans in Melbourne so a bit of networking there may turn something up.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

I suppose it all comes down to how much you need to earn.
Also you never know meeting expats one maybe able to steer you in the right direction with a job contact, there's also quite a few Hammers fans in Melbourne so a bit of networking there may turn something up.

Hmmm - you might be on to something there. dont suppose there will be too many newcastle fans anywhere though!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:55 pm

Hmmm - you might be on to something there. dont suppose there will be too many newcastle fans anywhere though!!!
I'm hoping that Terry will be able to get a leg up from my sister's husband. So to speak He is a sparky who is self employed but does some sub contract work to an air conditioning company. Terry has also done a City and Guilds in air conditioning. My brother in law is a VERY outgoing person who knows everyone. He had talked some guy he knows, but we have never met, into being our assurer when we were going down the 138 sponsored route. We are 136 now, with plumbers going on the MODL. We realise that Terry will still have to do the training to get his qualifications out there but we do have a little glimmer at the end of the tunnel.

The other thing in our favour is that my sister owns two rental properties out there so we could probably move into one of those as soon as we get out there, so long as she doesn't have a tennant at the time.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:01 pm

You wont have any problems there after all they'll be easy to spot as none of them ever take their shirts off
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

You wont have any problems there after all they'll be easy to spot as none of them ever take their shirts off

Ooo dont *cringe*
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:09 pm

Ooo dont *cringe*
There's actually a West Ham supporters club in Melbourne and they meet every now and again and it's run by an Aussie guy who speaks like Delboy
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

There's actually a West Ham supporters club in Melbourne and they meet every now and again and it's run by an Aussie guy who speaks like Delboy

maunge tout rodney!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:23 pm

maunge tout rodney!!
Nah it's more the cockney rhyming slang, I've seen his posts on the West Ham site and I haven't a clue what he's on about
Old Jul 27th 2005, 5:42 pm

Nah it's more the cockney rhyming slang, I've seen his posts on the West Ham site and I haven't a clue what he's on about
I would have thought a good Essex lad would understand that. I used to have a book on Cockney Rhyming slang once, before my mother realised a lot of it was rude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.