British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Future train lines ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/future-train-lines-258191/)

stephenwhite68 Oct 4th 2004 1:15 pm

Future train lines ?

Anybody know where i can find out if they are intending new/future train lines to a certain place ...
specifically for WA (Perth)

markr1963 Oct 4th 2004 1:34 pm

Re: Future train lines ?

Transperth might help

HTH
Mark

stephenwhite68 Oct 4th 2004 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by markr1963
Transperth might help

HTH
Mark

Thanks

Jacko1 Oct 4th 2004 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
Anybody know where i can find out if they are intending new/future train lines to a certain place ...
specifically for WA (Perth)

I would worry more about the roads, there are plans for some big highway projects in WA

Paul J

markr1963 Oct 4th 2004 1:49 pm

Yes indeedy :eek:

Mark

stephenwhite68 Oct 4th 2004 1:59 pm

Yes indeedy :eek:

Mark

Thats ok, the reason i am asking is to make sure that there will be adequate ways of getting into perth from wherever we decide to put down our roots ...

S

markr1963 Oct 4th 2004 2:07 pm

Transport infrastructure is something we're considering as we try and find somewhere to settle. We're currently at the in-laws in Mindarie )about 30 km north of Perth) and the Clarkson train station opened today giving a 32 minute (allegedly) ride into the city. This far out suddenly becomes realistic for commuting. I also know they're extending the rail links south towards Mandurrah. I hear the traffic can be bad in Perth but I guess it's all relative. I was in Sydney for a few days before finally landing out here and, believe me, that's hell on wheels.

Mark

Pollyana Oct 4th 2004 2:15 pm

Transport infrastructure is something we're considering as we try and find somewhere to settle. We're currently at the in-laws in Mindarie )about 30 km north of Perth) and the Clarkson train station opened today giving a 32 minute (allegedly) ride into the city. This far out suddenly becomes realistic for commuting. I also know they're extending the rail links south towards Mandurrah. I hear the traffic can be bad in Perth but I guess it's all relative. I was in Sydney for a few days before finally landing out here and, believe me, that's hell on wheels.

Mark

My mate and I used to joke in Hobart - three cars lined up at the lights, its a traffic jam :D
People I work with in Brisbane drive maybe 30 mins to work, in traffic that moves at a reasonable steady speed all the way, no actual bottlenecks or holdups, no stopping - yet they complain! When i try and describe the M25 its beyond their comprehension. So yes, its all relative.

graham__smith Oct 5th 2004 10:21 am

New rail Lines
www.newmetrorail.wa.gov.au
New Roads
www.mainroads.wa.gov.au

hope this helps.

markr1963 Oct 5th 2004 10:26 am

Very useful :)

Mark