Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

future employment on Aus railways

future employment on Aus railways

Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:32 pm
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice
Default future employment on Aus railways

I am at the TRA verification process hoping to move out to Adelaide area in2008. I currently work on freight trains in the UK. Does anyone have any information on train maintenance/repair locations/companys in and around Adelaide. Many thanks mers
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice
Default Re: future employment on Aus railways

I too, would appreciate any info on railways, my OH currently works on passenger trains here in the UK, and we would like to know if it is possible to get a similar job in Oz? And if so, who does he apply to?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scousercarol
I too, would appreciate any info on railways, my OH currently works on passenger trains here in the UK, and we would like to know if it is possible to get a similar job in Oz? And if so, who does he apply to?
We are in Perth. My OH was a duty station manager for network rail in Manchester. He applied for the Transit Guards from the U.K as a way back into the railway over here. It took about 3 months to get in and he is really enjoying it. He says there appears to be lots of opportunities for promotion or change within the railway. Talking to other lads it appears that they like to promote/recruit from within, pretty similar to the U.K. Dont know about other states but Transperth advertise there vacancies on their website.
Tracie
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We are in Perth. My OH was a duty station manager for network rail in Manchester. He applied for the Transit Guards from the U.K as a way back into the railway over here. It took about 3 months to get in and he is really enjoying it. He says there appears to be lots of opportunities for promotion or change within the railway. Talking to other lads it appears that they like to promote/recruit from within, pretty similar to the U.K. Dont know about other states but Transperth advertise there vacancies on their website.
Tracie
Thanks Tracie,

We are going to Brisbane, so not sure what the rail network is called there (if any knows it would be a help). I will start looking on the web and try to find their website,

Carol