Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Further Info requested by Adelaide

Further Info requested by Adelaide

Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Further Info requested by Adelaide

I put this on the immigration forum yesterday but it appears unfortunately that no one on there has been in a similar position, Probably because most of the people on that site haven't got to this stage yet

Can anyone on here offer any advice/reassurance?

Further Information Requested

Following my euphoria this morning following a phonecall from hubby to tell me that we have our medical requests, I now feel slightly down beat because since I have got home any read the infomation myself they are also requesting further information in relation to my Husband, (Claimed 5 points for his skills)

They want him to provide:
Advertising & Marketing Material
Audited Financial Statements
Examples of Major Contracts
Taxation Documents
Company registration Documents

He is a self employed plumber who does not advertise as all his work is through recommendatuions, His accounts are not Audited as it is not a legal requirement for Sole Traders. He does not undertake major contacts, just domestic plumbing and maintnenance, The taxation documents are not a problem. And he is not a Ltd company so there is no need for his company to be registered.

Any advice please would be gratefully appreciated. You would think that after all the documentation need to pass his TRA it would be sufficient
Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice
Default Re: Further Info requested by Adelaide

Hi
Don't worry!

I have sent you a PM

Cheers

Poppy
Old Apr 6th 2004, 1:17 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Further Info requested by Adelaide

Originally posted by jwinch
Further Information Requested

Following my euphoria this morning following a phonecall from hubby to tell me that we have our medical requests, I now feel slightly down beat because since I have got home any read the infomation myself they are also requesting further information in relation to my Husband, (Claimed 5 points for his skills)

They want him to provide:
Advertising & Marketing Material
Audited Financial Statements
Examples of Major Contracts
Taxation Documents
Company registration Documents

He is a self employed plumber who does not advertise as all his work is through recommendatuions, His accounts are not Audited as it is not a legal requirement for Sole Traders. He does not undertake major contacts, just domestic plumbing and maintnenance, The taxation documents are not a problem. And he is not a Ltd company so there is no need for his company to be registered.

Any advice please would be gratefully appreciated. You would think that after all the documentation need to pass his TRA it would be sufficient

We had exactly the same problem. But it turned out not to be a problem at all. We applied under Eve's skills as a hairdreser. Although Eve had advertised as a hairdresser in a local newspaper, she had only advertised for four weeks nearly a year ago. We phoned the local newspaper and they were happy to prove that she had advertised in the past. Just put a small advert in the local newspaper for two weeks. Keep a copy of the advert and ask the newspaper to type you a letter, very basic just for immigration purposes. The letter, we received from the local newspaper said ,"This is to confirm that Eve did advertised with us in the Recorder group of newspapers. Please find enclosed a photocopy of one of her advertisements. I hope this is useful."

Adelaide also asked us for business cards, although she has already got some printed, you can go to a printers or a copy shop and get cards done the same day. Again that is not a problem. We got some credit card sized ones in plastic that look just like credit cards, and they were printed for £25 for 100 as you only need half a dozen just ask for the minimum they would do, which I think is 10, you'd probably ony pay about £10.

A self explanatory letter stating that your husband does not take on any major contracts would be adequate. It may be a good idea just to get two or three more references to send along with the letter, which is what we did. Audited financial statements, you might not have just send a copy of the latest letter from the Inland Revenue stating your self-assessment status to prove that you do have a set of accounts one way or another.
It did seem pretty scary when we are asked for the same extra information when we thinking about it. It was only three more references, a copy of an advert, a business cards and a covering letter.

The Statement of accounts from the Inland Revenue counts as your taxation documents. The copy of accounts, if he had an accountant, counta as your audited financial statements. Putting the ad in the local paper and a business card counts as advertising material and should be ok. That's exactly what we sent and everything was fine. If you want to chat about it or want anything cleared up, I'll PM you with my phone number. I'm only in Hornchurch and would be more than happy to chat with you or your husband.

Remember, all this can be done while you're waiting to have your medicals done and is probably the cheapest part of the application!

Steve.