Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Further comments on Crown in Perth

Further comments on Crown in Perth

Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Further comments on Crown in Perth

You may remember I wasn't that happy with the service we got this end from Crown:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339109

Well, as a result I had a PM from their head quality guy in Sydney who was very good, got Perth to send an independent furniture repair guy out to assess the table but it can't be fixed, and we just had a letter today offering us $250 compo. (Not loads, but it is a cheap table and we were going to put up with it). At least that will (only just) cover our BigPond bill this month for blowing the usage limit. That is the good news.

The bad news is it took 3 days to get them to return our call when we asked them to come and collect the packing materials. Then they said it would cost us despite the guys that delivered saying it was part of the service (if you remember these guys almost ran out of the door they were so eager to get away and we only put up with that because they said we could get the paper etc collected later). After kicking up a fuss the co-ordinator said they would get the delivery guys to arrange a time to collect, but guess what - no phone calls have resulted. It is 14 days today since they delivered so I bet they will now deny all calls and say as it is after 14 days they aren't obliged to collect.

If only this end was half as good as the English end
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:39 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Further comments on Crown in Perth

I'm using Brittania so it will be good to see how they do , our stuff goes just b4 xmass !

At least you got some $$$$ out of them , can you not just take the packing to the dump ?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:59 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
can you not just take the packing to the dump ?
We took the boxes but there are 5 massive bags full of paper. We would only get one in the car at a time. Besides, if we could get them all in I would drive all the way to Welshpool and dump them in reception
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:09 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
We took the boxes but there are 5 massive bags full of paper. We would only get one in the car at a time. Besides, if we could get them all in I would drive all the way to Welshpool and dump them in reception
LOL not a bad idea !