Reload this Page >

Furniture & Electrical Goods Web Sites

Furniture & Electrical Goods Web Sites

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Furniture & Electrical Goods Web Sites

Hi EVERY BODY

Just another annoying trivial post that all of use have to do at some point.

I have been looking for web sites for Furniture and home electrical goods in the gold cost / Brisbane area so that we can get a budget done for the few bits n bobs we will have to buy when we move in to our first unfurnished rental property, sofas, fridge, washer etc.

The ones that I have found up to now are pants ( no prices or no choice) so can any body out there on the Gold Cost or in Brisbane point me in the right direction and tell me if they exist or the names of the main outlets for furniture/electrical goods etc, so that and I can at last get some figures on paper and get this out of the way before we have to book our flights.

Many Thanks

Signman Glen

Last edited by Signman Glen; Nov 22nd 2004 at 11:40 am. Reason: SPELLING
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furniture & Electrical Goods Web Sites

Hi Glen, try these for electrical

Good Guys

Clive Peeters

Retravision

Betta Electrical

Furniture try

SuperAmart

Freedom

Ikea

Dare Gallery

Beds try

Captain Snooze

Forty Winks

Hope these help.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Furniture & Electrical Goods Web Sites

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hi Glen, try these for electrical

Good Guys

Clive Peeters

Retravision

Betta Electrical

Furniture try

SuperAmart

Freedom

Ikea

Dare Gallery

Beds try

Captain Snooze

Forty Winks

Hope these help.
Hi Mrs Dagboy

I will have a good look at them all, better keep them away from sue because the essentials list will turns into a big shopping list of goodies that we don’t need. Only joking . Thank you for the reply Mrs Dagboy it is very good of you to find them for me.
Just one thing before i sign off, what is Bay Side like is it as nice as the sunshine & gold coasts and is the housing any cheaper, it would be nice to get some first hand comments from a true local.
Many thanks

Signman Glen & Sue
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:36 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Hi Mrs Dagboy

I will have a good look at them all, better keep them away from sue because the essentials list will turns into a big shopping list of goodies that we don’t need. Only joking . Thank you for the reply Mrs Dagboy it is very good of you to find them for me.
Just one thing before i sign off, what is Bay Side like is it as nice as the sunshine & gold coasts and is the housing any cheaper, it would be nice to get some first hand comments from a true local.
Many thanks

Signman Glen & Sue

Hi Glen,

Asking if the bayside area is as nice as the GC & SC is a bit subjective really, I love it here & wouldnt live on the GC or SC if you paid me . No offence to anyone who lives there, but its an overcrowded & tacky place geared to tourists with way too many drug & other social problems & isnt where I would choose to bring up kids . SC isnt as bad as the GC, but not far behind in many respects. Plenty of people like it on the coast though & may not like the bayside area, its got none of the glitz or glamour of the GC & is very much a quieter family area with no surf beaches (& no hi-rises!), some people may find it very boring, it really depends on what you want. Imagine quiet family oriented seaside area vs Vegas-on-sea . Of course the big advantage that we have over either SC or GC is the proximity to the CBD if you need to work in Brisbane. If you dont need to commute then its down to merely personal preference.

As for the housing being cheaper, my guess is that you could buy a much nicer house closer to the water or with nice views alot cheaper in bayside Brisbane than you would be able to buy on either the GC or SC.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Hi EVERY BODY

I have been looking for web sites for Furniture and home electrical goods in the gold cost / Brisbane area
Some smaller dealers in these goods advertise their (new) wares in http://www.tradingpost.com.au/.