Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Furniture in Australia

Furniture in Australia

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:32 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Furniture in Australia

Hi,
Can anyone on the forum tell me what the current style of (Living room) furniture is in Australia ?

Modern, Traditional, Scandinavian, Industrial, Cane/Bamboo ?

Also what are the most popular paint colours being mentioned in the magazines and on TV ?

Thanks
Mairi
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Furniture in Australia

From our visit last year, this depended on the age of the house owners.
My uncles was traditional
My cousins was pine, however my cousins sons was modern!!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 2:54 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm not being funny here but why dont you choose soemthing you like the look of rather than what other people have deemed to be cool or "in". i know its an old fashioned concept being original but its a thought isnt it?
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:05 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Fuzzyness,
I'm only trying to get a feel for if the current style is equivalent to what is in Germany. We are thinking about not taking all our furniture with us, so will need to get more down there and I want to know what is available. I dont want to leave modern furniture behind if all I can get in the shops there is traditional.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:07 pm
What's he asking?

sorry for the flipancy of my comment. no offence intended.

are there any websites that you could look at so you could get a feel that way.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:11 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

I was hoping some of the australian forum memebrs might be able to point me in the right direction. I've tried doing a quick internet search but didnt really find anything useful
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:21 pm
What's he asking?

try this website .
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:28 pm
What's he asking?

or a few more here
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:32 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Hi,
Can anyone on the forum tell me what the current style of (Living room) furniture is in Australia ?

Modern, Traditional, Scandinavian, Industrial, Cane/Bamboo ?

Also what are the most popular paint colours being mentioned in the magazines and on TV ?

Thanks
Mairi
We are renting a furnished unit so just average stuff in here. But there was a thread recently about the need for lots of sofa's to fill the living space in many Oz homes. So whatever you have bring it with you and maybe develop an eclectic style
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:37 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Jirrupin,

I've developed a messy (you know, don't put things back) style in the UK will that be ok in Oz?

Markeh
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

stuartr is an unknown quantity at this point

freedom.com.au has a good website and is modern european - I think they are in all the major cities and the prices look very reasonable.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:30 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

no ikea then? bugger......
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
no ikea then? bugger......

yes there is Ikea, but only in Sydney and Melbourne i think..dont have it in Adelaide.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:45 pm
Badge

"eclectic"

what does this mean. Along with acerbic, asthete, its one of the words I've meaning to look up for years.

badge

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:46 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jirrupin
We are renting a furnished unit so just average stuff in here. But there was a thread recently about the need for lots of sofa's to fill the living space in many Oz homes. So whatever you have bring it with you and maybe develop an eclectic style
Yep thats why we are taking our two sofas to NZ ,a lot of the houses seem to have two living rooms, so even though Im not keen on them now I will use for the kids/living/family area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.