furniture

Old Oct 7th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default furniture

Got my sofas in england from deeside factory which sells marks and spencer returns/ seconds. They cost £250 each and should have cost at least a £1000 each in marks and sparks. Do i ship them over - will this cost loads? or do i leave them and buy new when i get there? Will it cost me £2000 to buy marks and sparks quality sofas in oz or is there any similar factory outlets wher u can get good quality at a fraction of the cost?
thanks for any info u can offer
lisa
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: furniture

Originally Posted by lisas
Got my sofas in england from deeside factory which sells marks and spencer returns/ seconds. They cost £250 each and should have cost at least a £1000 each in marks and sparks. Do i ship them over - will this cost loads? or do i leave them and buy new when i get there? Will it cost me £2000 to buy marks and sparks quality sofas in oz or is there any similar factory outlets wher u can get good quality at a fraction of the cost?
lisa
if you like them, bring 'em!
have you had quotes for shipping yet-that's what you need to know.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:18 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisas
lisa
hi lisa

we originally thought of selling everything and buying new when we get there because it would cost us 3 to 4 grand to ship

as time has gone on we are now thinking of taking it

a) because we wouldnt get much for it if we sell (originally thought we would get quite a lot but now know when people buy second hand they wont pay much as you have stated yourself you can buy new very cheap nowadays)
b) how much time and money would it take to kit out the whole house from top to bottom
c) i quite like my stuff

still its up to the individual

getting back to your question i dont think there are shops like it in oz
forgive me if im wrong but i have searched and looked into it for myself
i appologise if i am wrong

good luck

jan xx
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:31 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
hi lisa

we originally thought of selling everything and buying new when we get there because it would cost us 3 to 4 grand to ship

as time has gone on we are now thinking of taking it

a) because we wouldnt get much for it if we sell (originally thought we would get quite a lot but now know when people buy second hand they wont pay much as you have stated yourself you can buy new very cheap nowadays)
b) how much time and money would it take to kit out the whole house from top to bottom
c) i quite like my stuff

still its up to the individual

getting back to your question i dont think there are shops like it in oz
forgive me if im wrong but i have searched and looked into it for myself
i appologise if i am wrong

good luck

jan xx

...and a lot of the small stuff like bed linen and cutlery and the like really does add up if you were going to buy new. Strangely all of our bigger stuff is really crap and we are only taking the small stuff as mentioned.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:52 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

At the end of the day if you bring it with you it will mean you have something over here that is familiar. We filled a 20ft container and brought most of our large furniture with us. However when you get here and place it in the houses here it all seems to disappear and you need to buy more !!! The cost of a 20ft container is around £4000 and you have to decide if you could replace everything over here for that amount or less. Bedding is expensive here so I'd stock up on some new stuff before you come.

Lorraine
Old Oct 9th 2006, 3:09 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

bring it with u..houses r bigger here with extra rooms and space....we wish we had brought loads more stuff. When u get here just buy a nice comfy outdoor setting to use inside until your furniture arrives