Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Furnished Accommodation Agencies in Brizzie

Furnished Accommodation Agencies in Brizzie

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:34 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Furnished Accommodation Agencies in Brizzie

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting, so please be nice.. (although I am sure you will be

I will be moving to Brisbane in January, and am in the process of both Job and Accomodation hunting. It seems I can find load of agencies which provide unfurnished accomodation, but not any that provide furnished.

Does any one know of any good links? or any links to Furniture Leasors?

And I know this must have been asked a million times, is there anything I should really watch out for in BrizzVegas?

Thanks

Shane
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:19 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Furnished Accommodation Agencies in Brizzie

Originally Posted by sloake
Hi everyone,

This is my first posting, so please be nice.. (although I am sure you will be

I will be moving to Brisbane in January, and am in the process of both Job and Accomodation hunting. It seems I can find load of agencies which provide unfurnished accomodation, but not any that provide furnished.

Does any one know of any good links? or any links to Furniture Leasors?

And I know this must have been asked a million times, is there anything I should really watch out for in BrizzVegas?

Thanks

Shane
Hi
What part of Brisbane are you looking at ?

If you are looking anywhere near the Bayside, let us know, as I may be able to help point you in some directions for the furnished accomodation.

Not sure about the jobs though, have you looked at the online job web sites ?

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

We found our furnished accommodation for the first 6 weeks on this site:

http://www.seqrents.com.au/rental/index.htm

You'll find on the site some furnished and some non-furnished listings in different areas in and around Brisbane. For the non-furnished places (usually minimum 6 month contract) , you can ask the site managers of the properties where you can rent furniture - some of them can recommend places or even arrange for you.

Good luck,
Mrs JTL
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:11 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Have you had a look at rent-a-home? More suited for short term lets. We used them before we got to Sydney. They do appear to cover all Oz.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:46 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Guys

Thanks for the reply, I will certainly be checking them out.

My partner and I will be moving to Brisbane 6th of Jan (getting very excited and must confess a bit nervous) and for the first week will be staying with his parents, in Fig Tree Pocket, but we are looking for our own place (to rent for now) probably in the Valley or New Farm.

As for job sites, I have loads of them so am not too worried about that. (but still the fingers etc will be crossed)

Once again, thanks for those links, previously all the links I found were for unfurnished.

Shane
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
We found our furnished accommodation for the first 6 weeks on this site:

http://www.seqrents.com.au/rental/index.htm

You'll find on the site some furnished and some non-furnished listings in different areas in and around Brisbane. For the non-furnished places (usually minimum 6 month contract) , you can ask the site managers of the properties where you can rent furniture - some of them can recommend places or even arrange for you.

Good luck,
Mrs JTL

Hi there,
I emailed them the other day enquiring about about some Gold Coast accomodation for when we finally get there, and didn't receive a reply
Is this normal for people still over here, I suppose they like you to have landed?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi there,
I emailed them the other day enquiring about about some Gold Coast accomodation for when we finally get there, and didn't receive a reply
Is this normal for people still over here, I suppose they like you to have landed?
Did you try phoning them? I know it's not easy with the time difference but that was what we did when I booked our accomodation for Brisbane. The site managers at these properties don't all check their email regularly. Mobile numbers seem to be the easiest way of catching them as some of them might be doing work away from the office.

Mrs JTL