Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Furnished accom. In Castle Hill re Sydney??

Furnished accom. In Castle Hill re Sydney??

Old May 10th 2004, 10:00 am
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road
Default Furnished accom. In Castle Hill re Sydney??

All
well it looks like 1st July is the date we are off, we have found some furnished SERVICED apartments in the area which are very expensive some $1600 a week!!!! does anyone know of any company's who do furnished rentals in the area for say 3 months ish. I have tried the usual susects the real estate agents and have even e mailed several of them but no reply..which I presume means they don't have any....if anyone has some ideas I would welcome some help
Gary + Terri
Old May 10th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Furnished accom. In Castle Hill re Sydney??

Originally posted by Gary / Terri
All
well it looks like 1st July is the date we are off, we have found some furnished SERVICED apartments in the area which are very expensive some $1600 a week!!!! does anyone know of any company's who do furnished rentals in the area for say 3 months ish. I have tried the usual susects the real estate agents and have even e mailed several of them but no reply..which I presume means they don't have any....if anyone has some ideas I would welcome some help
Gary + Terri
Don't usually find furnished places for rent outside the holiday places. Have you considered renting a house ($300-400 per week) then renting furniture till you get your own? or even camping out and just buying air beds, sofa, tv fridge etc Because a lot of homes have formal/informal areas you may need two sofa's/ dining tables etc anyway. Just a thought.................
Sue
Old May 10th 2004, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

Thats what we were advised to do, as most of the property is unfurnished we'll leave everything here and just buy over there - there is an Ikea and 'Furnitureland (!) No idea what thats like tho - but apparantly there are quite a few garage sales for 2nd hand stuff - I am hoping to re-coup what we would spend on furnished rental quite quickly this way.
Old May 10th 2004, 11:28 pm
rudo1ph

There aren't many serviced apartments out here I don't think - you'd need to be a bit closer to the city - Epping, Eastwood, North Ryde type area.

Another option could be getting a "holiday" cabin. There are a few holiday parks which have nice cabins (not caravans!!!), fully furnished, which they rent out during the non holiday periods on a long term basis.

I think there's one out at Parklea and there is one in Dural.

Good Luck

Rudi

Old May 11th 2004, 1:10 am
Just Joined

mrs bluerobot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Furnished accom. In Castle Hill re Sydney??

Hi Gary and Terri

We moved to Castle Hill last December and when we first arrived we stayed at the Parklea site (about 10 mins away) for the first week while we found somewhere to rent. The Parklea site is lovely and is part of the Big Four group (www.big4.com.au).

We then rented (saw on the Friday and moved in the following Tuesday) and lived on air beds till January when our furniture arrived. We did buy a TV and Fridge and also got some chairs from Ikea.

I haven't seen any furnished rentals in this area only in Ryde but they are very expensive; much cheaper to buy the essentials until your stuff arrives.

Good luck with the move.

Kim