Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Funny thing happened when driving...

Wikiposts

Funny thing happened when driving...

Old Sep 29th 2003, 12:17 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by emmahafryn
STOPPIT WILL YOU! I am getting more and more terrfied reading these posts!:scared:

I was slowly trying to come to terms with the issue of all things deadly in Oz, but all this talk of amputations/car terror and of course the lovely pictures have me right back to square one!!

My Auntie has lived in Oz for 20 yrs and was always a complete bug phobic even in this country( I am not actually that bothered by our spiders but they hardly compare). She told me last year that she's never seen a spider tho her husband has seen quite a few and was bitten by a huntsman he was trying to get out of the bath one time (apparently it "smarted a bit"!!). I was incredibly reassured by her words, they even lived right in the bush in the blue mountains where funnel webs and the like are notorious but no, not a one according to her.

Having read all your recent posts, I reckon she's either lying through her teeth or completely bloody blind. IN retrospect she even said at xmas " I wish Emma could see a huntsman, just so she knows what they look like" Ok, so blind-barking-bloody-mad-compulsive-liar would be better description then?
Emma. If you are in oz, you pretty much dinfinatly WILL see snakes, spiders and big ass lizards. If you respect them and are careful, you should never have a problem

My wife is an aussie, and HATES spiders and snakes. She survived for 21 years and now after 3 years of screaming at spiders in this country wants to go home.

Trust me. If she can deal with the creepy crawlies over there. Anyone can
Old Sep 29th 2003, 12:21 am
Badge

I wish Emma could see a huntsman, just so she knows what they look like" Ok, so blind-barking-bloody-mad-compulsive-liar
would be better description then? [/QUOTE]

It's all relative. I never saw a spider inside for over a year, just outside in smaller, more remote towns, or in outside dunnies.

There's no need to worry. Sure, you may come across one once in a blue moon. Just scream for your bloke.

badge

Old Sep 29th 2003, 12:25 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, thanks guys!
I am sure it must be something you get used to, just not lookin go forward to coming fact-to-face with the big hairy buggers!

Not sure screaming for my bloke will be any good in reality but I sure as hell will not be touching them if I can help it. Looking forwrad to bombing our new apartment as reccommended!!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 12:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

My 6 year old son is becoming a dab hand at spider catching. He finds it really funny when they escape and he has to chase after them! He gets them in his hand and throws them outside, don't quite know if he'll do the same when faced with a huntsman though
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:40 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scared of spiders Pah now way

Aw, thanks guys!
I am sure it must be something you get used to, just not lookin go forward to coming fact-to-face with the big hairy buggers!
Are you worried about meeting big ass hairy spiders in Oz?

Does the thought of a huntsman in your car terrify you?

Do other bugs and creepie crawlies give you the willies (steady)?

Then fear no more!!!

New from HUP enterprises the cordless " BUG AWAY"

Just place it over the bug and press the button, slice him and dice him. Just the way that you like him

Can also be used as a blender in the kitchen but pleas wash first. Under no circumstances should this device be used on nasty cats.
Attached Thumbnails Funny thing happened when driving...-cordless-hand-blender.jpg  
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared of spiders Pah now way

Can also be used as a blender in the kitchen but pleas wash first. Under no circumstances should this device be used on nasty cats. [/QUOTE]
No! :scared:
You'll need a lawnmower for a critter of that size!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:01 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Are you worried about meeting big ass hairy spiders in Oz?

Does the thought of a huntsman in your car terrify you?

Do other bugs and creepie crawlies give you the willies (steady)?

Then fear no more!!!

New from HUP enterprises the cordless " BUG AWAY"

Just place it over the bug and press the button, slice him and dice him. Just the way that you like him

Can also be used as a blender in the kitchen but pleas wash first. Under no circumstances should this device be used on nasty cats.
Are they availale at my local Woollies?
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:04 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Are they availale at my local Woollies?
Send me a cheque made out to "HUP enterprises" and this little rippers yours.

The makers stress that it is not a good idea to use on cream or white upholstery or walls