Reload this Page >

Funeral Help Sydney

Funeral Help Sydney

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Funeral Help Sydney

Can anyone advise please.
My Brother has just died in a Hospic in Sydney.
The problem is he was on his own over there , he did n't tell any friends were
he was , and so being the next of kin they have informed me.
I can't go over there as I am in poor health and I live in Spain.
The Hospic has told me that he did n't have a will, so they have no authority
to tie up his loose ends and arrange the Funeral.
Does anyone know of any organisation who might help with this problem ?
Kind Regards
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:40 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funeral Help Sydney

Sorry for you loss.

There's some helpful advice on the subject here - http://www.russellfirthfunerals.com....paperwork.html
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:47 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be awful for you.

I'm in Sydney with way too much time on my hands - if I can help in any way, make calls for you at the right time of day, etc., please don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news about your brother. Who contacted you to say he'd died? Was it the police? My husband inadvertently became the next of kin for a very distant relative of mine last year. The man died in Sydney and my husband's details were given to the police as next of kin because he'd been trying to help the guy get in touch with his family that had disowned him.

My husband basically let the police officer he was dealing with arrange a cremation paid for by the state and then the police officer, arranged the handover of the ashes and personal belongings to the man's ex-girlfriend.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be awful for you.

I'm in Sydney with way too much time on my hands - if I can help in any way, make calls for you at the right time of day, etc., please don't hesitate to send me a PM.
That's a very kind offer.

To the OP, you could try getting in touch with Salvos or Vinnies to see if they are able to help out. They will probably be able to point you in the right direction
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 3:13 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to Dorothy's suggestions I've been googling around - thought there must be some organisation that could help. The nearest thing I came up with was the Red Cross Telecross initiative, although that's really for people living alone, where volunteers check up on them with a phone call.

Might be worth getting in touch with the Red Cross anyway.

(BTW for those not fluent in Aussie, Salvos = Salvation Army and Vinnies = St Vincents. Took me a while to get that.)