Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Funding a 4 year degree course in Oz?

Funding a 4 year degree course in Oz?

Old Jan 7th 2006, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Funding a 4 year degree course in Oz?

Does anyone know any links to where I might find about tuition costs for a 4 year degree? Is there a government website?

I'm thinking of doing another degree but am just working out the costs involved.

Many thanks
Old Jan 7th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funding a 4 year degree course in Oz?

PMed you
Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:11 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Does anyone know any links to where I might find about tuition costs for a 4 year degree? Is there a government website?

I'm thinking of doing another degree but am just working out the costs involved.

Many thanks
Your best bet is going to the Uni's you are interested in website. The costs vary from Uni to Uni => not a standard fee. You are charged per unit you study again not a flat fee. And courses are banded i.e medical/law cost more than say an Arts / humanities course (3 bands I think). If you, as suggested in your OP, already have a degree it would be worth lookimg to see if you can get any credits for parts of the course already studied as this will reduce your units to study => your overall cost.

re: costs If you are PR you pay resident fee's BUT no defered payment option and no discount for fee's up front. Also when the new citizenship changes are made you will be be waiting 3 years rather than two to avail of defered/discount.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 2:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
http://www.goingtouni.gov.au

Fees and assistance depend on the category you fall into:
- Australian citizens
- most PRs and New Zealand citizens
- others (in some cases a student visa is required too)

When selecting a university, check out its reputation (among other things). These ones are generally considered the best: http://www.go8.edu.au

Also - if you plan to use the degree to enter a profession, check with the relevant professional body to make sure it's accredited.

Jeremy