Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fully furnished rental + car Sydney.

fully furnished rental + car Sydney.

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 12:04 am
Just Joined

geoff12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fully furnished rental + car Sydney.

Hi,

Just stumbled on this site, while doing some research about renting my house out.

Applogies to anyone hoping to see a property for rent right now, but I would like to ask the forum if there is any demand for fully furnished houses + a car for 6 months or a year in Sydney by people immigrating to Oz as they initially set themselves up.

The reason being, that we (Sydney, aussies) are thinking of taking a year off to travel, and would like to rent out our house + car as is, rather than put things into storage.

Just doing research at this stage. Anyone with an interest, or done it before, or know of any sites about this topic, or any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
geoff.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:13 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fully furnished rental + car Sydney.

Originally posted by geoff12
Hi,

Just stumbled on this site, while doing some research about renting my house out.

Applogies to anyone hoping to see a property for rent right now, but I would like to ask the forum if there is any demand for fully furnished houses + a car for 6 months or a year in Sydney by people immigrating to Oz as they initially set themselves up.

The reason being, that we (Sydney, aussies) are thinking of taking a year off to travel, and would like to rent out our house + car as is, rather than put things into storage.

Just doing research at this stage. Anyone with an interest, or done it before, or know of any sites about this topic, or any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
geoff.
Where were you 8 weeks ago ???????
Its too late for me now, but the ideas great. I would have bitten the hand off you when i got here.
We had to find a home car and all the furniture within weeks of getting here. It would have helped if we could have found a Package like you are offering. It would have been great having the luxury to spend time finding everything instead of having to rush it all. Have you thought of going through an estate agent?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:47 am
Just Joined

hannah1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We do that in perth and there has definatly been the demand here, We tend to just do short term though for 1-2 months as we find by then people are ready to buy their own homes to really feel settled.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

as rigsby is about to bulldoze my house (or at least will be soon) please post away whenever you are thinking of doing this - might be interested. We hope to be approved for PR and then will start house hunting, and the wifes always after car no2.

depends where you live though.

Soapy - do you live near the beach? are you new here etc etc. we've lived in Maroubra 2 years - we like it a lot. Have a wife and 2 nippers so if you have any queries about local stuff drop me a line.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 4:34 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RichS
as rigsby is about to bulldoze my house (or at least will be soon) please post away whenever you are thinking of doing this - might be interested. We hope to be approved for PR and then will start house hunting, and the wifes always after car no2.

depends where you live though.

Soapy - do you live near the beach? are you new here etc etc. we've lived in Maroubra 2 years - we like it a lot. Have a wife and 2 nippers so if you have any queries about local stuff drop me a line.
sent u a pm mate. thanx
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by hannah1
We do that in perth and there has definatly been the demand here, We tend to just do short term though for 1-2 months as we find by then people are ready to buy their own homes to really feel settled.

Thats the catch. We would like the tennant (expat) to sign up for 6 months (or a year) so we can leave it and forget it.
Do you think that would discourage people?

hannah, are you renting out your own house, or acting as an agent ?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 8:23 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the catch. We would like the tennant (expat) to sign up for 6 months (or a year) so we can leave it and forget it.
Do you think that would discourage people?
I would be interested in such a house but not for 6mths-1yr. We will be shipping goods over and I would want to have many of our personnal items to use, which if all your personnal items are in a house may not leave room for tennants items.

The other issue would be agreeing for such a long period to one place, even though I have been to Sydney a few times, an initial 'good' place may not turn out so for location to jobs.

You could always approach a couple of real estate agents and ask for their opinion on renting your house out (don't mention expat idea) to see what idea/suggestions they come up with and what rent you could acheive - doesn't mean you have got to use them!

As they say there is no harm in trying - good luck
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Its not a classic sydney beach house. I get the feeling that when expats initially come out here they go for the "home & away" lifestyle, but end up living in a pokie flat in bondi.

Its Inner city (Inner west), 500m from harbour in the dining and pub belt of Sydney, close to the city for work, and about 20min drive to beach.

Would that location effect anyones judgement ?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:06 am
Master of verbal pish©

Its not a classic sydney beach house. I get the feeling that when expats initially come out here they go for the "home & away" lifestyle, but end up living in a pokie flat in bondi.

Its Inner city (Inner west), 500m from harbour in the dining and pub belt of Sydney, close to the city for work, and about 20min drive to beach.

Would that location effect anyones judgement ?
YIP