Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frustrated - what makes you think that?

Frustrated - what makes you think that?

Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frustrated - what makes you think that?

Well we have our visa's sitting snuggly in our passports, where they've sat for the last 2 months and are we any closer to Melbourne..... NO.
Soon after we were told that the company might be sold to one of Australia's largest print companies. Then instead of being told by them the sale had gone through we had to read it on the internet ourselves about 2 weeks ago.

My mum and her husband put their house up for sale when we were going through the visa process as there was a job waiting for my husband and it was thought to be incredibly unlikely we'd be here for xmas.
They move today to be nearer my brother, meaning they will be about 200+ miles away.

My husband has been stuck in a crap job for the last year, he is hardly ever home at weekends as it's so far to come back for only just over an hour before he has to leave to go back to work.
He doesn't get to spend much time with our older two as they are at school full time, they're bahaviour and school reports have suffered in the last year.

I've had to go back to work recently as it's evident we're just not getting anywhere.

I'm so fed up and annoyed with all this.
When we were told we'd have to wait til the 15th November to find out where we stand, we've been practically counting the weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds. Now it's the 15th and we've been told we'll have to wait for nearly another 2 weeks.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could actually believe that in 2 weeks they would have all the answers to our questions.
Right now we'd just settle for finding out if hubby still has a job out there or not.

We've spent the last nearly 2 years in limbo not knowing wether it would work out or fall through, 2 years of not really being able to plan anything here, not being able to plan a life over there. Wondering if this was actually something I wanted to do.
It's now the worst time of year for me as I suffer from S.A.D, havign to work with this is a real nightmare sometimes and the pressure is on as they're short staffed.

Even better i'm sure you all know how much time companies like shipping and pet exporters want to sort everything out. If you take away the upcoming holidays there's really only 5 months til we run out of time to validate our visa's.

So many ppl have said take a holiday out there to validate. But if you work out how much that costs for 2 adults and 3 children and account for the fact we don't have spare money to take a holiday it's not feasable.

I'm going round and round in circles, we don't even have any guaruntee that the large print company will honour my husbands contract.
Even if we had the money i'd want to know in bloody GOLD script that his job was secure.

I just want to crawl into my bed and pretend this is all a bad dream

I've had enough

Jenxx
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:57 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustrated - what makes you think that?

Oh dear, doesn't seem like much is going right at the moment

Moving to the other side of the world is the most stressful thing a person can do, and although our move went quite smoothly, I can only imaging how you must be feeling

Is there any point of your husband looking for another job, so that gives you more options to consider?

Both me and my husband came to Australia, and neither of us had jobs. My husband found one within 3 weeks, and it took 4 weeks for me (only because my previous employer in the UK was being a pain with references!)

If it get's too near the time when your visa needs to be validated, could the primary applicant not go alone to validate? That would save a lot of money.

We only had 4 weeks left on our visa when we arrived (due to delays), so had to have a plan B in place, in case we couldn't make it in time.

You will get there in the end, and it will all be worth it in the end.

Hang in there

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Nov 15th 2007 at 1:00 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:58 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

And to add to your frustration it's in the wrong forum
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:05 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jen i know how you feel i've been stuck in Limboland for the last 18 months and now we're stuck with the house sale...going nowhere quick :curse: We reckon we can do 2 weeks in Melly with accomodation and car hire for 2 adults,2 kids with car hire for about 5 grand (money i havent got either) but then theres spendo's ontop of that but i really want to validate...seems such a waste not to.

If you fancy a chat you know where i am

Chin up (wench )

regards

lee
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Mum and her husband have just popped round to say goodbye, they're now driving up to their new place

From what we've been told we all need to have validated by May.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
And to add to your frustration it's in the wrong forum
I couldn't give a bl**dy monkeys
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:10 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
You might get a better response in the barbie
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:22 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Mum and her husband have just popped round to say goodbye, they're now driving up to their new place

From what we've been told we all need to have validated by May.

So sorry you're having a rubbish time of it and suffering with the dreary weather. Try to keep thinking positive as regards OH's job-I'm sure you'll get good news soon