Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frustrated as hell!!!

Frustrated as hell!!!

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Frustrated as hell!!!

We got notification from our Agent yesterday that the ICAA (our assessing body) require an original letter of good standing from the SAICA (where my husband got his original qualification) that is not more than three months old. Our agent explained that every piece of documentation sent (all 40 pages of it!!!) denotes his good standing as a CA (the fact that he still has SAICA membership denotes that) but no, the pedantic little s**ts want a specific letter. Hubby has never had to produce such documentation and we don't even know if one exists. Have emailed SAICA (in south africa) and requested it. Will follow up with a phone call tomorrow - just hope it exists and we can get it soon. Has anyone dealt with south africa - they have a saying 'No rush in Africa'!!

ARRRRGGGGGH is all I can say!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:33 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Frustrated as hell!!!

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
We got notification from our Agent yesterday that the ICAA (our assessing body) require an original letter of good standing from the SAICA (where my husband got his original qualification) that is not more than three months old. Our agent explained that every piece of documentation sent (all 40 pages of it!!!) denotes his good standing as a CA (the fact that he still has SAICA membership denotes that) but no, the pedantic little s**ts want a specific letter. Hubby has never had to produce such documentation and we don't even know if one exists. Have emailed SAICA (in south africa) and requested it. Will follow up with a phone call tomorrow - just hope it exists and we can get it soon. Has anyone dealt with south africa - they have a saying 'No rush in Africa'!!

I'm sorry to see you are having a grotty time of it. I don't know anything about South Africa I'm afraid and I don't know what profession ICAA assess. But I was just thinking that if you wanted to do a follow up phone call after your email, then perhaps you ought to do that today as it is Saturday tomorrow.

Sorry to have not been any help, I will send you some Karma.

Anne
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm sorry to see you are having a grotty time of it. I don't know anything about South Africa I'm afraid and I don't know what profession ICAA assess. But I was just thinking that if you wanted to do a follow up phone call after your email, then perhaps you ought to do that today as it is Saturday tomorrow.

Sorry to have not been any help, I will send you some Karma.

Anne
Thanks for that Anne - in my frustration, I completely forgot that it was saturday tomorrow.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:07 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

We sympathise! No dealings with SAICA but Dave is South African, so we have had to submit an application for RSA Police Clearance for him. No knowing how long this will take on 'africa time' as Dave calls it!!

Sending you some karma,

Nicky
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:09 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

Sending you some karma,

Nicky
Sorry, got to 'spread it around' before I send to you apparently! Will zap you next time!!!

Nicky
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
We sympathise! No dealings with SAICA but Dave is South African, so we have had to submit an application for RSA Police Clearance for him. No knowing how long this will take on 'africa time' as Dave calls it!!

Sending you some karma,

Nicky
Thanks for the Karma Nicky

It took about 2 months to get our SA Police certificates. They say it takes 28 working days, but ours took a little longer. We couriered it to them and then arranged for it to be couriered back. Firstly, getting through to the Criminal record centre in Pretoria is a nightmare. We spent about £50 in phone calls because you just cannot get through and are constantly in the queue. We needed to do this to ascertain if the certificates were ready for the courier. The courier went every day for five days after they said they were ready and the certificates weren't there. Eventually, I had to phone again and eventually they were able to be collected. It has been very frustrating and now this - nightmare!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:25 am
In my own little world!

Thanks for the Karma Nicky

It took about 2 months to get our SA Police certificates. They say it takes 28 working days, but ours took a little longer. We couriered it to them and then arranged for it to be couriered back. Firstly, getting through to the Criminal record centre in Pretoria is a nightmare. We spent about £50 in phone calls because you just cannot get through and are constantly in the queue. We needed to do this to ascertain if the certificates were ready for the courier. The courier went every day for five days after they said they were ready and the certificates weren't there. Eventually, I had to phone again and eventually they were able to be collected. It has been very frustrating and now this - nightmare!
Oh God, probably best I don't mention this to Dave, as he'll have a fit! He's convinced that the forms will probably get 'lost' so don't want to give him any more evidence to be such a pessimist!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:03 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I had to get a letter from the ICAEW (UK version of ICAA). When I rang them up they said "no problem" we do these quite a lot we know exactly what to do. So they sent me a letter confirming I was a member and what my exam results were.

They also charged me £25 which I thought cheeky as I pay them about £200 every year for which the only thing I get from them is the right to put 3 letters after my name.

I subsequently found out (off here) that they also require a letter of good standing. When I asked ICAEW they said "oh, yes, we know about that but another department does those letters". YOU DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME THAT?! AND they sent me the original letter again (and charged me another £25 for a letter I didn't need).

Thankfully, the ICAA said they have this problem all the time with the ICAEW so they don't bother asking you to provide that letter anymore. I think they must email them to get this themselves.