Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frontloading medicals question

Frontloading medicals question

Old Feb 16th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frontloading medicals question

Hi there,just read on another thread that DIMIA now has new guidelines that state the medicals have to be sent directly from the dr by courier to Adelaide. My problem is our medicals were done in brisbane originally for the 457 visa in September. They gave us all the medicals and chest x rays and told us they could be used for the PR 136 visa. We contacted DIMIA whilst in brisbane and they told us to put everything in with the application and send it! Now what do we do???
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontloading medicals question

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hi there,just read on another thread that DIMIA now has new guidelines that state the medicals have to be sent directly from the dr by courier to Adelaide. My problem is our medicals were done in brisbane originally for the 457 visa in September. They gave us all the medicals and chest x rays and told us they could be used for the PR 136 visa. We contacted DIMIA whilst in brisbane and they told us to put everything in with the application and send it! Now what do we do???
If you have them, send them, I think! Might be others on the immigration forum with more info. Don't understand why everyone doesn't jump between the two, but often they don't Good luck. Does this mean that you are now definitely heading back?
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If you have them, send them, I think! Might be others on the immigration forum with more info. Don't understand why everyone doesn't jump between the two, but often they don't Good luck. Does this mean that you are now definitely heading back?
Yep, its taken 2 mths to make our minds up but we're heading back! It'll probably only be for two years (all dependant on police career for mark in qld). There are things I'll miss about the UK, everything being so familiar, walking through the corridor at work and people who I've worked with for ten years saying hi, the shopping, the snow, the rain, the schools, my GP (ah the list is endless), but we're doing it for the kids as they say!!!! The aim will be citizenship so the kids have a choice when they're older. Just hope we're doing the right thing????? Mind you, we know what we're letting ourselves in for!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of
Question Re: Frontloading medicals question

Do you know if that means all medicals have to go to Adelaide?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Do you know if that means all medicals have to go to Adelaide?
From what I can gather yes??? I question myself as I've not seen the information anywhere and theres nothing much on the DIMIA website. Spoke to a mate and she said plead ignorance and just send them, if they get lost its my fault (be completely gutted tho) x
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:07 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Glitababe,

we did our medicals after getting everything together, before sending it all off to Adalade. We used the forms from the London AHC (they send them to you free of charge )

They are sealed and you should leve them this way. It just took a large envelope!

Bye
Mark