Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frontloading - Good Or Bad??

Wikiposts

Frontloading - Good Or Bad??

Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Frontloading - Good Or Bad??

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi,
I'm a noob to this sort of stuff, and am quite confused with all the terminology:

Frontloading, what isl that all about??

and what do all the abreviations in people's timelines stand for??

The only thing I think I know is that you have your skills assessment then you apply for the visa you require, then you have your police and health checks (medicals)

Is this all there is to it?

Everyone seems to know what they are talking about, does this come as you progress with the application??

Thanks,
Tia
Frontloading means to send in your Medicals and Police Clearance at the same time as your initial application (or before they ask for it).

It can save time as Police clearance can take uptp 40 days and Meds can sometimes take a while to get an appointment too, as you have to go to nominated GPs

Phil
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:25 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Everyone seems to know what they are talking about, does this come as you progress with the application??
We're just good bluffers

Anything you need to know, just ask. Somebody here is likely to know the answer.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys,
This might put people's mind at rest, or not!! We frontloaded our visa, however our meds were sent before our visa. We have been panic struck ever since thinking that they maybe lost and we have to pay again for meds.

We just had an email informing that the DIMIA had recieved the visa, but no info regarding our meds. We have just emailed the DIMIA asking whether they have recieved our meds, so fingers crossed.

So frontloading bad or good, we will keep you posted!!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:45 am
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Phil-UK
LOL, I saw the heading and thought "There's a gag to be had here !" but you beat me to it.

Good job JTL !

Phil
Me too but I ws thinking about bras
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:52 am
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by judeyoga
Naughty! Naughty!

Have sent you some karma - to 'karma' you down!!

Jayne x
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:53 am
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
Naughty! Naughty!

Have sent you some karma - to 'karma' you down!!

Jayne x
Thanks for the karma but i think it will take more than that!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:58 am
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Blimey!! Big Boy!!

Jayne
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by judeyoga
LOL

That's more interesting than washing machines !!!

Phil
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:01 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Frontloading - Good Or Bad??

On the subject of washing machines.....I've just bought a new one (front loader) and will most definately be taking it with me when I eventually go!!