Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frontloading Applications

Frontloading Applications

Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

The Hastie Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frontloading Applications

Hope someone can give me some advice! Brain very confused We plan to frontload our Visa Application (Skilled Independent) in January. I have contacted our agent to request guidance re getting police checks and medicals but they have said that we should wait until visa is lodged and we have a file number as DIMIA might lose the information? I would have thought that frontloading meant you put everything in together - am I wrong.
Thanks for any help given,
The Hastie Family
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontloading Applications

Front loading is only really suggested for spouse type visas. They come through much quicker.

If you front load (with meds and police checks) other visas, the 12 month time limit on the meds and PC might have expired before you get a chance to validate and have to do them all again. I know it is very frustrating, but if your case officer says wait, I would.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

The Hastie Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Front loading is only really suggested for spouse type visas. They come through much quicker.

If you front load (with meds and police checks) other visas, the 12 month time limit on the meds and PC might have expired before you get a chance to validate and have to do them all again. I know it is very frustrating, but if your case officer says wait, I would.
Thanks for this but we would expect to be able to validate them before the year is out as we plan to emigrate before the end of next year anyway so provided the visa doesnt take 11 months we should be ok. We have had to wait a whole year before lodging Visa because of work situation and are desperate to get things going. We thought that frontloading the application would speed it up. Is this generally the experience of others?

Carolyn
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp
and type in your visa type. This will give you some idea of timescales.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:01 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Hastie Family
Hope someone can give me some advice! Brain very confused We plan to frontload our Visa Application (Skilled Independent) in January. I have contacted our agent to request guidance re getting police checks and medicals but they have said that we should wait until visa is lodged and we have a file number as DIMIA might lose the information? I would have thought that frontloading meant you put everything in together - am I wrong.
Thanks for any help given,
The Hastie Family

We,ve frontloaded ours (skilled Inde 136) our agent gave us the go ahead to frontload though.
As long as you know the risks involved,dont see the problem with doing it? its your choice.
Dimia havent scorned us for doing it!

Donna.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

we were also told to front load our 136 visa by our agent, but due to not being able to get a medical appointment for over 6 weeks and our paper work was already we sent the visa application of on its own. Since doing this we have been informed that it is best to wait till they are requested.We also spoke to a member of DIMIA at the oz expo over the weekend and they said to wait also and they mentioned about the visa would comence from the date of the medical. This being so we have rebooked our meds for a later date. In doing so we hope to now have them just after they have been requested.On average were told that between 6/8 weeks after your application has been lodged they are asked for if your case appears to be straightforward. But as it seems with the whole application process its full of different ways of going about it, and different views about it, so good luck with what ever way you go with it. :scared: