Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frontload or not to Frontload that is the question

Frontload or not to Frontload that is the question

Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frontload or not to Frontload that is the question

Not sure what to do Agent said to us awhile back that he doesn't like to frontload. But we have sold our house and the estate agent said it should be the end of september for completion. Checked the processing time this morning and they haven't moved now for 3 weeks still up to the 8th March we submitted on the 3/4/06. Really want to go to OZ straight from sale of the house so we can send off our furniture. Not going to risk sending our furniture without a visa.

What should i do Be Patient and not Frontload or what the Hell be firm with my agent and Frontload!!!!!

Stacey xx
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:47 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontload or not to Frontload that is the question

Hi there,

We were acknowledged on 14 March. We haven't frontloaded. We just decided to wait for them to be requested. We've been patient up till now, although I am really disappointed not to see any movement on their processing.

I'm thinking it will be another couple of weeks before we have any contact from a CO. So we'll just be patient and wait!

Basically it's up to you. Some people say it helps speed the visa up but I'm not so sure.

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Janine
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on your visa type? Frontloading may limit you with time to validate - ie, I think it is based on your police check date or medical, so if you send that now and the visa doesn't come till September you will have less than 12 months to validate when it comes through. We were on a spouse visa which is very fast, so frontloading is fine for this type of visa.

S
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

In my situation our Agent actually recommended we frontload approx 4-5 months after initial application.
We have already requested PCC and are doing medicals in 2 weeks time.

The theory behind frontloading this is that the CO has all the information to hand when he/she looks at the case and can therefore accept it there and then. This effectively saves time.

Apparently in certain situations applications are processed early and effectively jump the queue (I dont know how they decide this?)

Our situation is different as we can pretty much move as soon as we get the visa and we can be in Australia before August 2007 (limit set by medical/PCC date).

I think you have to decide the best situation for yourself as everyones situation is different
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BPadhiar
In my situation our Agent actually recommended we frontload approx 4-5 months after initial application.
We have already requested PCC and are doing medicals in 2 weeks time.

The theory behind frontloading this is that the CO has all the information to hand when he/she looks at the case and can therefore accept it there and then. This effectively saves time.

Apparently in certain situations applications are processed early and effectively jump the queue (I dont know how they decide this?)

Our situation is different as we can pretty much move as soon as we get the visa and we can be in Australia before August 2007 (limit set by medical/PCC date).

I think you have to decide the best situation for yourself as everyones situation is different
Hi BPadhiar, Something to be aware of in some cases you only get 6 months to validate this is sometime set by some medical clauses.
Good Luck

John
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

I dont think you need to front load they will get to you when they get to you. Our Visa was granted 3 weeks after medicals were done and meds were booked day after they were requested and we got an appointement 2 weeks later just get police checks sorted as they take 40days approx.