Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

front number/licence plates for motorbikes.

front number/licence plates for motorbikes.

Old May 20th 2004, 3:44 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default front number/licence plates for motorbikes.

i was just given a link by OzT and i thought i'd just ask the question.

Were they serious about putting number plates on the front of motorbikes in Victoria? did it ever happen? are they still thinking about it? has many complained!!!

Any updates would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if any other states are considering this, or more importantly ACT!!! If they are i think i'd considering taking my house back off the market and cancelling that visa!!

here's the link. the report was made back in 2002, so i was just wondering if anything has happened between then and now.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/...Document&Area=[Motorcyclists]

I had a quick look through the reports and found it incredibly funny that they were even thinking about using the 30 year old uk style front plates that were bolted to the front mudguard. You'll be glad to hear they rejected that.

cheers!

Leigh.
Old May 21st 2004, 6:15 am
Die Hard Freo Fan

Simmo is an unknown quantity at this point

They have talked about in WA but still nothing has happened, appears to be mostly a annoyannce for them when motorcyclist give the multinova camera's the bird when speeding past.....and then they can't be caught..he! he!
Old May 21st 2004, 6:59 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Simmo
They have talked about in WA but still nothing has happened, appears to be mostly a annoyannce for them when motorcyclist give the multinova camera's the bird when speeding past.....and then they can't be caught..he! he!
yeah i don't see why they'd have a problem with that.....*shrugs*

if they do introduce it, all you'll get is bikes going past the cameras at speed on one wheel!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:55 am
Craigsplates

Brookleigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: front number/licence plates for motorbikes.

I have been reading most peoples replies to the this subject, and have joined the forum to try to help out people and give some advise.

I have been making number plates, and answering peoples problems for 8 years now, I don't know all the answers, but then neither do DVLA!!! - and thats no joke.

Here are some helpful links to get the ball rolling.
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regm...quirements.htm
DVLA's Link on Number plates

Our Q & A Page http://www.craigsplates.com/QA.htm

And my email if you have any other questions we can help with [email protected]

We are designing at the moment a site just dedicated for bike plates, but at present just take a look at http://www.craigsplates.com
Attached Images