Front loading yes or no?

Wikiposts

Front loading yes or no?

Old Feb 29th 2004, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front loading yes or no?

Hi all,

I am at present waiting for my Skills assessment to be assessed and it should be back some time in April, I am getting the paperwork ready for the Visa application now so it can be sent off when Skill assessment comes back.

My question is- should I front load with Medicals and Police checks and hope that with the supposed June rush coming up that the whole process will be speeded up some what?

I know you only have a year form the earliest of the police check and medicals to get your Visa stamped, but wondered what your thoughts were.

Has anyone else done this successfully?

Any feed back much appreciated.

I am applying for Skilled independent (painter and decorator), I have a wife and two young children and I have a house to sell. Heading for Adelaide.

Thanks in advance
Kevin
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Cant give you an answer, as it is up to you if you want to take the risk.
Just `bumping` you back to the top
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:29 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Front loading yes or no?

Originally posted by kevt
Hi all,

I am at present waiting for my Skills assessment to be assessed and it should be back some time in April, I am getting the paperwork ready for the Visa application now so it can be sent off when Skill assessment comes back.

My question is- should I front load with Medicals and Police checks and hope that with the supposed June rush coming up that the whole process will be speeded up some what?

I know you only have a year form the earliest of the police check and medicals to get your Visa stamped, but wondered what your thoughts were.

Has anyone else done this successfully?

Any feed back much appreciated.

I am applying for Skilled independent (painter and decorator), I have a wife and two young children and I have a house to sell. Heading for Adelaide.

Thanks in advance
Kevin
no real answer as J Oldfield said. You have to take a risk.

There was a thread started by my wife and I asking the same question in January and then was added to a couple of days ago by someone giving good advice.

It all depends on what visa you are applying for and the timescales involved.

Fr instance we waited until we were about 7 months into the process and did ours a couple of weeks ago. Some people say it annoys the DIMIA and others say take the gamble. Unless you are on a skills in demand list then personally I think it best to wait until you are about two thirds into the timescale - others may disagree.

We arre now waiting to hear about ours so can't tell you if it worked or not.

Good luck anyway....

Warren
Perth 2004......

Old Mar 1st 2004, 7:24 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Considering that first entry must be made from the earlier of a year from the pccs or meds and skilled visas take on average 50 weeks to process I think you would be throwing your money away front loading. Your visa may well be issued after the expiry of your pccs or meds.

Quickly processed visas such as partner and nursing skilled visas are processed quickly hence front end loading is more expedient.