British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Friends wanted in Perth!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/friends-wanted-perth-565064/)

kerry and rich Oct 4th 2008 4:16 am

Friends wanted in Perth!!!

Hi there, my name is Kerry (28 yrs old) and me and my partner, Richard (35 yrs) are arriving in Perth on 18 October and were wondering if there are any meet ups planned or if anybody would like to meet us for a drink etc when we arrive?

This is our second go at living in Oz. Last time we tried the Sunshine Coast and things did not work out too well so returned home. One of the big factors was missing our friends so we know we need to make a really big effort this time. I have a job lined up in the city as an environmental consultant and Rich is a plumber and carpenter. Rich loves to surf and would love a surfing buddy if anyone out there is interested. For our first month we will be living in the city centre as my work has organised it for us but would be happy to meet anywhere.

We hope to hear from someone soon xxxx

suzy 1 Oct 4th 2008 6:09 pm

Re: Friends wanted in Perth!!!

Hi Kerry, im 26 and have a 3 yr old, im working as a nurse and live close to CBD (shenton park) been here since feb this year. If you fancy meeting up let me know (as long as you dont mind a rug rat in tow!)

nessyp Oct 5th 2008 2:12 am

Hey guys you are more than welcome to pop round for a barbie.
Im 31 and the mrs 28 no kids. :)
We live in Tapping nor at the min

kerry and rich Oct 7th 2008 1:09 am

Thanks for the replies. When we get to Perth, not this weekend but next weekend, I will get in touch with all of you. See you soon

brian.w Oct 9th 2008 6:35 am

Is there any meet ups in mid jan 2009 to mid feb 2009,i am heading to perth on a validation trip and just wanted to talk to people on there thought of perth and australia,what they do for work and how they found it.
I dont need to know what to see and do etc as i have been in oz a few times before and traveled around oz.
But i will be returning home after my month trip and probably head back over say a year later but be good to maybe make some friends or get to know people before i did head over for good.
I am 36yrs old and going alone:unsure:

watkins122 Oct 9th 2008 8:49 am

Hi Guys
We too have moved to Perth on the ist of Oct. All new to us settling in well. Myself & my husband are both 30(no kids). We would like to meet new people and love to go out drinks & dinner. currently living in High wycombe but happy to meet anywhere.
Cheers dawn & Paul

Wandathecat Oct 9th 2008 8:51 am

If you go onto Poms in Perth there is an evening planned for 20-30 somethings by newleywed on Friday the 31st Oct.

Cx

PS we arrived 4th Oct, been mental even since!!!!

jwood Oct 9th 2008 9:28 am

hi all
we're moving to Perth from Adelaide on the 30th Oct (hubby's going on 12th) and although he has a brother and nephew there i would like to make friends when we (myself, 16 year old daughter, 14 year old son) arrive in perth. My brother in law lives in Subiaco so i think we will settle not to far from there.
Thanks Jackie

Sue _ Mo Oct 10th 2008 11:27 am

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 6858947)
hi all
we're moving to Perth from Adelaide on the 30th Oct (hubby's going on 12th) and although he has a brother and nephew there i would like to make friends when we (myself, 16 year old daughter, 14 year old son) arrive in perth. My brother in law lives in Subiaco so i think we will settle not to far from there.
Thanks Jackie

Theres a meet up being planned for Sunday 15th November 12 pm in Kings Park by the Vietnam memorial and Nambia? cafe. If you want to go, it will be our first meet too.
Sue

nessyp Oct 12th 2008 3:12 am

Have you got any info on this meet for the 20-30s in perth?:)

Sue _ Mo Oct 12th 2008 6:04 am

No sorry I'll have a look around the discussion forum and trya nd find it - have a llok around yourself if yu have time

Wandathecat Oct 12th 2008 9:55 am

try poms in perth www.pomsinperth.com its on Friday the 31st Joondalup