Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends Reunited.

Wikiposts

Friends Reunited.

Old May 20th 2004, 9:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends Reunited.

I found some Aussie 'school friends' sites a few weeks ago.
Problem is, to send messages, you have to pay money
So, the trick is to put your email in code(or sometimes just put the @ in brackets, like this: [@]. )
So, I've seen some people from Highschool(96) in Bridgetown, and some from Primary School in Kalamunda(90), but I'll have to wait untill they see my email address in my bit.

BUT, my teacher at Nullagine Primary(92), she had put her email in! So I emailed her, and she mailed back. Remembered me and my brother, she only stayed there a year(like us) and it was her first teaching job. Then moved to Newman, and met her husband there. Now she's still there, and just went back to teaching after having 2 kids.
And she never went back to Nullagine, even though she only lives 200km from it, and it's been 12 years!!!(though, I guess there isn't really a reason to)

I helped mum register to a Dutch site, and she saw a few people who she remembered, and was VERY excited about it! lol. Last week someone emailed her, who she didn't remember well, but now does!

Old May 20th 2004, 9:47 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by koala_mac
um, yep! My language abilities don't extend past the romantics. I may have to copy and paste into an online translator (there must be one somewhere...) if you don't fess up
I've never found one (although I've never looked that hard). I do have a good book on it though. It's called ******* for Busy People
Old May 20th 2004, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

okay, so you got me - pic files rather than text (or something my laptop doesn't support) - can't copy and paste
Why am I so nosey?! If it's v naughty, good on you for the last laugh, heh heh
Old May 20th 2004, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by wmoore
I've never found one (although I've never looked that hard). I do have a good book on it though. It's called ******* for Busy People

alta vista's babel fish (geddit? Hitchhiker's Guide) is a not bad translator and claims to do Japanese and Korean

http://world.altavista.com/
Old May 20th 2004, 9:54 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

alta vista's babel fish (geddit? Hitchhiker's Guide) is a not bad translator and claims to do Japanese and Korean

http://world.altavista.com/
And I thought I was being really clever. I use the Altavista toolbar because it has the translator but didn't realise it did Ja ..... ooh, nearly spilled the beans
Old May 20th 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

And I thought I was being really clever. I use the Altavista toolbar because it has the translator but didn't realise it did Ja ..... ooh, nearly spilled the beans
okay, okay, you win
I'm going to bed. Take this as a (temporary) victory for Yorkshire.
In the words of Arnie, I'll be back (but maybe not for a while). I'll be watching for any little slip, heh heh
Old May 20th 2004, 10:01 am
What's happening dudes?

okay, okay, you win
I'm going to bed. Take this as a (temporary) victory for Yorkshire.
In the words of Arnie, I'll be back (but maybe not for a while). I'll be watching for any little slip, heh heh
I just tried the translator there and it gives me a totally different 'foreign' translation to what I had. But there, there are usually about 10 different ways to say the same thing in this language
Old May 20th 2004, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

I just tried the translator there and it gives me a totally different 'foreign' translation to what I had. But there, there are usually about 10 different ways to say the same thing in this language
So... "the cherry blossom drifts gently on the pom immigrant" came out wrong?

i really am going to bed now

K_M
Old May 20th 2004, 10:11 am
What's happening dudes?

So... "the cherry blossom drifts gently on the pom immigrant" came out wrong?

i really am going to bed now

K_M
OK then ‚¨‚â‚·‚�‚ È‚³
Old May 20th 2004, 10:13 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

So much for old friends getting together.

Attached Thumbnails Friends Reunited.-hijack.png  
Old May 20th 2004, 10:15 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by Ulujain
So much for old friends getting together.

A thousand pardons
Old May 20th 2004, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Just wondering if anyone has found any of there Ex School Mates through this site. I found an old mate I used to pal about with at Primary school & got in touch & found out he now lived in Melbourne to, small world.
Bordy I contacted my "first boyfriend" through F R . He married an Aussie girl has 3 kids and lives in Melbourne! The girl I sat next to at school also married an Aussie and lives in Sydney. (our daughters are the same age - they are email penpals) Must have been something in the Aylesbury air, it sent everyone overseas!!
Old May 20th 2004, 4:02 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by helinuk
Bordy I contacted my "first boyfriend" through F R . He married an Aussie girl has 3 kids and lives in Melbourne! The girl I sat next to at school also married an Aussie and lives in Sydney. (our daughters are the same age - they are email penpals) Must have been something in the Aylesbury air, it sent everyone overseas!!
Too right! Works for me.

It was probably an overdose of Friars, the beautiful council offices and London's ex-slummies coming to stay.
Old May 20th 2004, 5:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by helinuk

Sounds like your Destiny is Australia Helen, I'm sure hubby will come to his senses one day.
Old May 20th 2004, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Too right! Works for me.

It was probably an overdose of Friars, the beautiful council offices and London's ex-slummies coming to stay.
LOL another Aylesbury escapee

re friars- I only remember going to see David Bowie , but aparently the old BF says the trick was to sculk around until the interval then get in for free?!
oh and of course John Otway was at the same school as me so we went to see him "perform" in the drama studio at lunch times. :scared: