Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends Reunited.

Wikiposts

Friends Reunited.

Old May 19th 2004, 6:14 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Friends Reunited.

Just wondering if anyone has found any of there Ex School Mates through this site. I found an old mate I used to pal about with at Primary school & got in touch & found out he now lived in Melbourne to, small world.
Old May 19th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Friends Reunited.

Originally posted by Bordy
Just wondering if anyone has found any of there Ex School Mates through this site. I found an old mate I used to pal about with at Primary school & got in touch & found out he now lived in Melbourne to, small world.
Hi Bordy

I found an old friend who I went to primary school with when I was living in England as a kid. I'd kept in touch with her right up until I went back to the UK in 1993, then once I was back there lost touch with her. Found her again on Friends Reunited last year. She emailed me back, but since then she hasn't returned my emails at all.
Old May 19th 2004, 6:31 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

I went to a reuniona couple of years ago. It was organised by someone who found a lot of ex-school friends on the site, then tracked me down through Mum and family friends.

They all looked so old! Obviously I've held on to my youth

Well at least I feel young on the inside!
Old May 19th 2004, 6:35 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

yep - nearly 2 yrs ago a couple I knew from school (childhood sweethearts) contacted me.

Anyway after over 10 yrs of not seeing/speaking to them, we went and stayed with them in their house in Brisbane

they have been there about 4 or 5 yrs now, and had just become citizens when we visited.
Old May 19th 2004, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I went to a reunion a few years ago. Everyone looked the same, just an older version! An ex-boyfriend also contacted me through the site but we didn't meet up, thought better of it! My sister contacted a fella from her class and they've been dating ever since.
Old May 19th 2004, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I have got back in touch with a couple. I moved from Scotland to England after finishing school so I lost touch then.

The best was the little lad who I used to play with across the road, I was about 4 years old and we went to kindy type school together, he showed me his willy:scared: :scared:

Anyway messaged him and he is in New Zealand now and we keep in touch quite regularly now.

Its strange how the folk you thought would do nothing are dotted all over the world and others you thought would do something different are still in the same little village and married to someone else you knew.
Old May 20th 2004, 8:38 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaykay
She emailed me back, but since then she hasn't returned my emails at all.
Probably jealous of you
Old May 20th 2004, 8:43 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Been in touch with a few. One in who is in Sydney and loving it (but now isn't responding to emails from me), plenty of others who still live in the same place and some a bit further afield. Had a mini re-union with a couple of girls from school (and wow had one of them blossomed!!) but now not really keeping in touch any more....
Old May 20th 2004, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Freaky! I am part of the organising committee (god knows how that happened) for a 15 year reunion on 5th June. There are about 50 people going - some going to glasgow from as far away as NY. I can't help but remember the Frasier episode where he went to a reunion and the best comment was that everyone was the same, just a bit "bloated". Heh heh.

Some of them we got off friendsreunited, and the rest from the school's former pupils list, friends who knew friends etc.

I'm a bit freaked out about it actually... Although one doesn't notice one's own wrinkles appearing over the years, our travels through time will be reflected in everyone else's wrinkles, baldness (hopefully not the ladies!), grey, kids, success or lack of, etc. Maybe I ought to be practising the fibs already
Old May 20th 2004, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by wmoore
Been in touch with a few. One in who is in Sydney and loving it (but now isn't responding to emails from me), plenty of others who still live in the same place and some a bit further afield. Had a mini re-union with a couple of girls from school (and wow had one of them blossomed!!) but now not really keeping in touch any more....
Hi there
This might have been asked on another post - but what does your sig mean?
Old May 20th 2004, 9:28 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by koala_mac
Hi there
This might have been asked on another post - but what does your sig mean?
No, you're the first (congrats!!).
Erm ... ? Not sure I should say! And yes, I do know!
Old May 20th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

I have found my best mate last year, living and working in Cairo, we met up again in January when she came home for the birth of her first grandchild, like we'd never been apart. Vowed never to lose touch again and email each other daily
rach x
Old May 20th 2004, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by wmoore
No, you're the first (congrats!!).
Erm ... ? Not sure I should say! And yes, I do know!

oooh! Go on - pretty please?!
Old May 20th 2004, 9:36 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by koala_mac
oooh! Go on - pretty please?!
Clue: It's an Oriental language. But then maybe you had figured that out.
Old May 20th 2004, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

um, yep! My language abilities don't extend past the romantics. I may have to copy and paste into an online translator (there must be one somewhere...) if you don't fess up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.