Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends needed, just some adult conversation would be nice Bayside/Redlands

Friends needed, just some adult conversation would be nice Bayside/Redlands

Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Baysidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friends needed, just some adult conversation would be nice Bayside/Redlands

Hi Everyone

We have been here in Oz for nearly 8 yrs, that is hubby, myself and two children ages 14 and 11 and love it, but I feel I am really missing the friendships I had in the UK, we have friends here who are fantastic but not the same as what we left behind, I think it's because most of the people we speak to now have their own friends who they have always known, and grown up with, where as getting to know other expats we have things in common, we are in the same situation, it would be great if I could meet other mums for a catch up, gossip, shopping bite to eat ect, nice to also meet other couples for a few drinks and a meal, or days out with the kids also, anyone in the Redlands or brisbane area wants to catch up would be great.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends needed, just some adult conversation would be nice Bayside/Redlands

Originally Posted by Baysidegirl
Hi Everyone

We have been here in Oz for nearly 8 yrs, that is hubby, myself and two children ages 14 and 11 and love it, but I feel I am really missing the friendships I had in the UK, we have friends here who are fantastic but not the same as what we left behind, I think it's because most of the people we speak to now have their own friends who they have always known, and grown up with, where as getting to know other expats we have things in common, we are in the same situation, it would be great if I could meet other mums for a catch up, gossip, shopping bite to eat ect, nice to also meet other couples for a few drinks and a meal, or days out with the kids also, anyone in the Redlands or brisbane area wants to catch up would be great.
Bear this one in mind for July - great day out for both adults and kids

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790136
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Friends needed, just some adult conversation would be nice Bayside/Redlands

Hi Baysidegirl
I'm moving to Manly West (from Springfield) in a few weeks, don't know the area very well, and no no-one over that side of Brisbane, so will also be needing friends! I work full time though (no kids) so makes it a bit difficult to catch up with people during the day...
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Bear this one in mind for July - great day out for both adults and kids

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790136

I'm ready for a meet up.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:56 am
Just Joined

laura3girls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I also miss my friends from the Uk and would love to meet up. I have 3 girls 12, 10 and 6. We have been here 1yr 4 months but miss my nights out with friends and catching up as familys.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

There's a Meetup group called Redlands Sociables - they are organising a meetup at a pub in Wellington Point next week. Think I might give that a try!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buzz
There's a Meetup group called Redlands Sociables - they are organising a meetup at a pub in Wellington Point next week. Think I might give that a try!
Hi Buzz, probably about 8-10 of us going to Spice Avenue (indian curry house) in Birkdale next Saturday 4th May if you fancy it. Majority of folk are in their forties, well, except for me but i only act 20
We will of course be going via the Tavern next door
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Hi Buzz, probably about 8-10 of us going to Spice Avenue (indian curry house) in Birkdale next Saturday 4th May if you fancy it. Majority of folk are in their forties, well, except for me but i only act 20
We will of course be going via the Tavern next door
Curry and a beer - sounds great! Would love to come along.
Is it mainly couples/singles/mix? Just so I know whether to drag my other half along!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Curry and a beer - sounds great! Would love to come along.
Is it mainly couples/singles/mix? Just so I know whether to drag my other half along!
Usually it is nearly all couoles but there has been single folk before but i"m sure he will fit in nicely . .Will b booking table early next week so will leave time ob here and have also sent pm with my phone number if required. Look forward to meeting yous both. Do you know where the currt house is ?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Usually it is nearly all couoles but there has been single folk before but i"m sure he will fit in nicely . .Will b booking table early next week so will leave time ob here and have also sent pm with my phone number if required. Look forward to meeting yous both. Do you know where the currt house is ?
Sounds good. I've been to the Spice Avenue so know where it is. Just let me know what time once you know.
Looking forward to it!
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds good. I've been to the Spice Avenue so know where it is. Just let me know what time once you know.
Looking forward to it!
No probs will post when certain but likely to be around 1/2 7 mark but of course we shall hopefully be in next doors tavern a tad earlier
Anyone else fancying a night out would be more than welcome
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:39 am
Angela and Renato

smurph22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Me and my husband would love to come for a curry and a drink, I'm Scottish and he's from questionable origin.... been her for 18 months, love it but miss friends and banter so be great to meet up. What date were you thinking? Angx
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by smurph22
Hi Me and my husband would love to come for a curry and a drink, I'm Scottish and he's from questionable origin.... been her for 18 months, love it but miss friends and banter so be great to meet up. What date were you thinking? Angx
Sent u a pm Ang
Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looking forward to it!
Originally Posted by smurph22
Hi folks table is now booked for 8pm Saturday 11th May for 13 people Personally we shall probably be heading to Cleveland Sands for 5ish then scooting to Birkdale Tavern on 10 to 6 train to meet others

Feel free to join in whenever possible
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks table is now booked for 8pm Saturday 11th May for 13 people Personally we shall probably be heading to Cleveland Sands for 5ish then scooting to Birkdale Tavern on 10 to 6 train to meet others

Feel free to join in whenever possible
Thinking about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.