Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends needed Brisbane

Friends needed Brisbane

Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:50 am
Just Joined

tinksofrotherham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friends needed Brisbane

Hi all am new to this site but we moved to Brisbane in February and are renting in Bracken Ridge on the North Side. Would like to meet some friends as havent met that many people up to now. There is me, my husband Martyn and we are both 35 and have 2 children an 8 year old girl and 3 year old boy. My hubby is working at the moment and we've decided I'll stay home for the time being until my youngest starts prep around January time. If you'd like to meet up please let me know.

Thanks

Sam
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Friends needed Brisbane

Originally Posted by tinksofrotherham View Post
Hi all am new to this site but we moved to Brisbane in February and are renting in Bracken Ridge on the North Side. Would like to meet some friends as havent met that many people up to now. There is me, my husband Martyn and we are both 35 and have 2 children an 8 year old girl and 3 year old boy. My hubby is working at the moment and we've decided I'll stay home for the time being until my youngest starts prep around January time. If you'd like to meet up please let me know.

Thanks

Sam
When you have younger children it's sometimes easier to suggest a meet up at a date and time that is child friendly like Belvedere at Woody Point which has a kids area. Or, alternatively a park or picnicking spot.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks only problem is I dont know many places either yet. Anyone out there want to meet somewhere north side this week?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Hi thanks only problem is I dont know many places either yet. Anyone out there want to meet somewhere north side this week?
Kids or adults as makes a differance and day or evening? Can't do Sat night as out. Best easy venue is Belvedere as it's a good size, at Woody Point just over Hornibrook bridge as has food, drink, kids area and grass and water just across the road.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 4:32 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts in Bracken Ridge are you?

We just moved to Brighton a few months back from Cashmere, love the area I can ride my bike again

Old Apr 7th 2010, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Hi we live near Norris Road school and the plaza at Bracken Ridge

Sam
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Sam
Son goes to TAFE at Norris Rd.

Congratulations on the move Merlin...
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:27 am
Just Joined

blurgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam i live an hour from where you are i would meet up.
Me and my husband and kids are going to southbank for the day sunday
your more then welcome to join us
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bit busy April but could maybe do a catch up in May sometime if anyone fancies.

Originally Posted by blurgirl View Post
Hi Sam i live an hour from where you are i would meet up.
Me and my husband and kids are going to southbank for the day sunday
your more then welcome to join us

Sam
Originally Posted by themerlin View Post
Where abouts in Bracken Ridge are you?

We just moved to Brighton a few months back from Cashmere, love the area I can ride my bike again
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Can do anything May let me know if anyone would like to meet up
I can meet up in day with family and kids and hubby or meet up in evening without kids and hubby
Would like to meet up as i dont know any one yet in brisbane
Old Apr 11th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by blurgirl View Post
Can do anything May let me know if anyone would like to meet up
I can meet up in day with family and kids and hubby or meet up in evening without kids and hubby
Would like to meet up as i dont know any one yet in brisbane
Are you on the Southside or Northside? If you are on the South you should come to one of the Birkdale Curry nights. If anyone else is interested we can do either day or night to suit majority.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:56 am
Just Joined

chelle1607 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I live in Bridgeman Downs and have two boys - 8 and 4.

Would love to meet up with any other mums and kids. Everton Park Hotel is great place - fantastic enclosed playground for the children.

If interested let me know and we can arrange a time / date.

Cheers,
Michelle
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

A few of the others definitely had younger kids and may be up for it.

Originally Posted by chelle1607 View Post
Hi all,

I live in Bridgeman Downs and have two boys - 8 and 4.

Would love to meet up with any other mums and kids. Everton Park Hotel is great place - fantastic enclosed playground for the children.

If interested let me know and we can arrange a time / date.

Cheers,
Michelle
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Michelle
I can meet up with you but my children are at school in week
But i can meet up with you or when kids not at school i got me tom tom so can get to you
pm me