Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends...Need your suggestion please!

Friends...Need your suggestion please!

Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:15 am
Banned

rajkarthik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friends...Need your suggestion please!

Dear Friends,

I am a new-bie to the BE forum. I have applied to the SUB CLASS 175 couple of months before (July 26 - 2009).

Guys.....I've got few questions... Please clarify!

1) What would be the average monthly expenses for a Bachelor / Family Person (Husband , Wife and 1 year kid) ?

2) What sort of Priorities / Privileges (Job perspective) would be given to the person holding OZ citizenship on the contrary to the one who holds just a PR status? Will there be any huge difference?

3) Heared dat we are eligible for some sort of financial assistance from the OZ government if your're are jobless! Is that true?

4) What about the part time job in the market? Will that be possible to run a family by doing just a mere part time job till you get hold on your right profession !

5) I have got a positive assessment (ACS) for J2EE technology. But have got some hands on experience in SAP, Oracle and AS/400 as well.. Is that possible to try out my luck in couple of technologies at the same time or should I need to stick on only to J2EE since I've got the Acs assessment only for the respective one ?

Really appreciate your valuable tips!

Thanks in advance.

God Bless!

Karthik
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

nan4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Friends...Need your suggestion please!

Originally Posted by rajkarthik
Dear Friends,

I am a new-bie to the BE forum. I have applied to the SUB CLASS 175 couple of months before (July 26 - 2009).

1) What would be the average monthly expenses for a Bachelor / Family Person (Husband , Wife and 1 year kid) ?

2) What sort of Priorities / Privileges (Job perspective) would be given to the person holding OZ citizenship on the contrary to the one who holds just a PR status? Will there be any huge difference?

3) Heared dat we are eligible for some sort of financial assistance from the OZ government if your're are jobless! Is that true?

4) What about the part time job in the market? Will that be possible to run a family by doing just a mere part time job till you get hold on your right profession !

5) I have got a positive assessment (ACS) for J2EE technology. But have got some hands on experience in SAP, Oracle and AS/400 as well.. Is that possible to try out my luck in couple of technologies at the same time or should I need to stick on only to J2EE since I've got the Acs assessment only for the respective one ?

Thanks in advance.

God Bless!

Karthik
[QUOTE=rajkarthik;7870021]Dear Friends,

Dependes, average is 2500 to 3500 aus $ per month.

Not really, much difference.

Depends, sometimes after 2 years of your first job or initial job.

4) What about the part time job in the market? Will that be possible to run a family by doing just a mere part time job till you get hold on your right profession ! f

Can and can't, difficult to answer.

Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends...Need your suggestion please!

Originally Posted by rajkarthik
Dear Friends,

Depends on where you live, what type of home you are looking for, will you drive/walk/bus/train to work, how much entertainment you are used to, and a million other variables.
The only one really is Commonwealth positions. For most federal government jobs you need to be a citizen. Otherwise PR will do just fine.
No, it's not true. You are not eligible for benefits for the first 2 years. www.centrelink.gov.au explains what you might be able to claim on arrival (child benefit, rent rebate)
Again, it depends on any number of factors.
Once you have PR you can work at any job your heart desires. Or if you can afford it no job at all. Look for what you can find until your ideal job comes along.

Thanks in advance.

God Bless!

Karthik
Answers above