Reload this Page >

Friends need help with migration

Friends need help with migration

Old Jan 8th 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

---Halifax--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Friends need help with migration

Hi All

Friends of ours were told by their migration agent that they cannot apply for skilled migration because they are just over 40. MA said that the cut off age is 35. Is this true and what other migration method can they use? They want to try Regional Sponsership but is it worth the wait. Their occupation is on the MODL and their points looks good. Except for their age.

Can anyone offer advice?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Friends need help with migration

Originally posted by Annelie
Hi All

Friends of ours were told by their migration agent that they cannot apply for skilled migration because they are just over 40. MA said that the cut off age is 35. Is this true and what other migration method can they use? They want to try Regional Sponsership but is it worth the wait. Their occupation is on the MODL and their points looks good. Except for their age.

Can anyone offer advice?
Have alook on the IMA web site ,I was looking for my sister yesterday, to come over in the skilled migration visa her husband is a mecanic and it stated there up to age 45. perhaps I read it wrong so have a look yourself
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Hi All

Can anyone offer advice?
direct cut from www.immi.gov.au of basic requirements.

General Skilled Migration to Australia
Basic requirements
For general skilled migration to Australia, you or your spouse must be able to satisfy all of the following basic requirements:

You must be under 45 years of age when you apply.

English language
You must have sufficient ability in the English language for working in Australia. This is known as 'vocational English'.

A higher level of English is required for certain occupations where English ability forms part of the skills assessment. This information will be available from the relevant assessing authority.

In the Skilled–Designated Area and the Skill Matching visa categories, a lower level of English may apply.

You are encouraged to have your English language ability tested before you apply.

Qualifications
You must have post-secondary (such as university or trade) qualifications (in a small number of occupations, substantial relevant work experience may be acceptable).

Your skills must have been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.

Nominated occupation
When you apply, you must nominate an occupation which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) - see form 1121i.

(Note: this is a PDF file requiring the Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 4 or later, on your computer.)

If your nominated occupation is not on the SOL, you cannot apply.

Recent work experience
This requirement is separate from the need to have your skills assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation before you apply.

If your nominated occupation is worth 60 points (see the points for your nominated occupation on the SOL), you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 12 of the 18 months immediately before applying.

If your nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points, you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 2 of the 3 years immediately before applying.

For certain occupations, a longer period of specific work experience is required to obtain a suitable skills assessment (for example, manager).
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Annelie,

The post above kind of says everything - the MA is talking s**t.

There could be other reasons that they are saying they would not achieve the required points?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Can anyone offer advice?
Hi Annelie,

which MA are they using?
I'm pretty sure what Sandy has pasted in her post is true and 45 is the cut off.
What are their occupations?
If they are on the in demand list then they should have no problems.

Willie.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

j hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by markaren
Have alook on the IMA web site ,I was looking for my sister yesterday, to come over in the skilled migration visa her husband is a mecanic and it stated there up to age 45. perhaps I read it wrong so have a look yourself

me and my husband have just tried to apply under the skilled migratation visa he is an electrician and i am a medical secretary we are 40 and 41 i was sold by the consultant we were five points short but because my cousin lives there i can be sponsored by her which we will have to do now, you have to put up roughly £2000 bond send it to them and the government put it away in a trust with interest for two years after which you get it back
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:58 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Can anyone offer advice?
Hi Annelie
Just to re-state what has been said above
Age limit is 45.
We have just obtained our visa and both my wife and I are 41.
We used Concept Australia, Take some advice from either them or go matilda.
Before we chose our agent we contacted several immigration consultants and you would not believe the rubbish some of them came out with. Several agents told us we never had enough points to qualify.
Concept got us through the process in 5 months.

Cheers.

Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

jackiebo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by j hamilton
me and my husband have just tried to apply under the skilled migratation visa he is an electrician and i am a medical secretary we are 40 and 41 i was sold by the consultant we were five points short but because my cousin lives there i can be sponsored by her which we will have to do now, you have to put up roughly £2000 bond send it to them and the government put it away in a trust with interest for two years after which you get it back
Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

jackiebo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by j hamilton
I was very interested in your comments. My husband is also an electrician and i work in a hospital clerical. My husband is 46 and i am 45 we seem to have missed the boat i think but was wondering if there was a way to go over by investing money in the country re this bond of £2000 you were talking about. Can anybody give me any ideas
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

The cut off is your 45th birthday but there are possibilities with a business visa,,,,,,, you would need the advice of a good migration expert in this field. Along with others here I would recommend you contact Alan Collett of GoMatilda
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Moonstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Hi Annelie
Just to re-state what has been said above
Age limit is 45.
We have just obtained our visa and both my wife and I are 41.
We used Concept Australia, Take some advice from either them or go matilda.
Before we chose our agent we contacted several immigration consultants and you would not believe the rubbish some of them came out with. Several agents told us we never had enough points to qualify.
Concept got us through the process in 5 months.

Cheers.

I am amazed at the speed you received your visa. Just out of curiosity what visa did you apply for?

Thanks

Karen (Dartford)