Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends in Melbourne

Friends in Melbourne

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of
Default Friends in Melbourne

Having a bad day today, feeling a bit lost and lonely and thought I would post! We've been here 2.5 years and are doing OK on the work mates front, as well as the odd person/couple to have a drink with but can't seem to find anyone to be proper friends with! Hope that doesn't sound too lame after 2.5 years

Anyway, would anyone be interested in a drink sometime?

We are both 26, live in the wild wild west but can travel easily. I'd be happy to meet up with some girls for a girly chat or couples/families whatever. Anyone basically!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Re: Friends in Melbourne

Hiya!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hiya!!!
Wow! That was speedy! Hi
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Bobbin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almo
Having a bad day today, feeling a bit lost and lonely and thought I would post! We've been here 2.5 years and are doing OK on the work mates front, as well as the odd person/couple to have a drink with but can't seem to find anyone to be proper friends with! Hope that doesn't sound too lame after 2.5 years

We are both 26, live in the wild wild west but can travel easily. I'd be happy to meet up with some girls for a girly chat or couples/families whatever. Anyone basically!
I'd be up for a drink! I'm 35, looking for friends as have just become single and feeling lost and lonely too. I'm in the NE but happy for a city meet??
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Hows about making it into a meet up. Off to the botanical gardens tomorrow to the moonlight cinema with a few mtes

Beers, nibbles and then to watch Monty Pythons Life of Brian, if anyone fancies it.

May be a bit short notice but meeting and going down there about 7.30 ish, film starts at 8.30ish or when the sun sets.

Its a brilliant venue, open air so bring mossie spray and food and beer.

If anyone fancies it, pm me and ill give you my number, head downa dn call me and ill tell you were we are. 3 english lads so far and an aussie girl as maybe and maybe a few others too.

Al
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bobbin
I'd be up for a drink! I'm 35, looking for friends as have just become single and feeling lost and lonely too. I'm in the NE but happy for a city meet??

see above
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hiya!!!
see above
Old Dec 24th 2009, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
see above
We were scheduled to go to this (just seen your post) but OH is working sadly. Would anyone be up for going to see another film at the moonlight cinema? It's such a nice setting, nice and relaxed too. Would you go for that Bobbin?
Old Dec 24th 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

My husband and I have just moved to Melbourne and would love to meet up. I'm Louise (26) and Chris is 28. Haven't really ventured out that much, mainly the city. We're staying in Collingwood at the moment, but can meet in the city maybe? And it doesn't sound lame-it takes a while to settle and find real friends. Let me know.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

We were scheduled to go to this (just seen your post) but OH is working sadly. Would anyone be up for going to see another film at the moonlight cinema? It's such a nice setting, nice and relaxed too. Would you go for that Bobbin?
hi, it was rained off, but id be up for seeig another film there, we will set something up and get there, its a great setting.

Al
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beachlou
Hi there!

My husband and I have just moved to Melbourne and would love to meet up. I'm Louise (26) and Chris is 28. Haven't really ventured out that much, mainly the city. We're staying in Collingwood at the moment, but can meet in the city maybe? And it doesn't sound lame-it takes a while to settle and find real friends. Let me know.
the more the merrier.

if anyone fancies boxing day cricket(i know its crap but beer and laughs guaranteed) there are a few of us goinfg, so the more the merier

Al
Old Dec 24th 2009, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Victoria, Canada - Robina, Gold Coast - North Melbourne
theli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiyas!

Even though I'm not in Melbs yet (don't arrive until 16 Jan) but I would also be up for a drink in the near future! I'm 28 moving here on my own and would love to meet others
Old Dec 24th 2009, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Andydude is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey we are a couple with another brit friend here in melbourne. Not been feeling the place that much but would be up for a xmas meet up one day?

Cant beleive its snowing at home too...grr!

Let us know/

Andy

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 25th 2009 at 1:39 am.
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andydude
Hey we are a couple with another brit friend here in melbourne. Not been feeling the place that much but would be up for a xmas meet up one day?

Cant beleive its snowing at home too...grr!

Let us know/

Andy
Hi Andy,

My husband and I are heading to the Boxing Day meet organised on britvics if you fancied coming along? Think it starts around 11.30am in a park in St Kilda.

Yeah, I canot believe it's snowing either! First xmas away too-double grr!!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by theli
Hiyas!

Even though I'm not in Melbs yet (don't arrive until 16 Jan) but I would also be up for a drink in the near future! I'm 28 moving here on my own and would love to meet others
Hello!

Yep, we'd be up for meeting you. My hubby is 28 also (I'm 26). Let us know when you're here and want to meet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.