Friends and family QLD to UK

Friends and family QLD to UK

Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Friends and family QLD to UK

Hi guys

Wonder if you can help?

I came across some posts by a "llowe" at aussiemove.com - which were very useful and thought I should try and organise the timezone post (his applies to WA) to QLD as that is where we are headed.

So for those of you currently living in QLD can you tell me at what times the "friends and family" or other cheap options to phone calls from a landline apply.

The above gentleman also did a very helpful list of 1 years expenditure for a small family of three - apologies I dont have the link but you should be able to follow from the details provided above.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends and family QLD to UK

Telstra used to do cheap rates between 6pm & 9pm & then cheaper again after 9 for STD. But Im not sure what the rates are now, I just get a bill & pay it :scared: . Maybe www.telstra.com.au might have more info.

There are so many telcos now (optus, telstra, AAPT, etc) that its hard to give an answer to your question .
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi guys

Wonder if you can help?

I came across some posts by a "llowe" at aussiemove.com - which were very useful and thought I should try and organise the timezone post (his applies to WA) to QLD as that is where we are headed.

So for those of you currently living in QLD can you tell me at what times the "friends and family" or other cheap options to phone calls from a landline apply.

The above gentleman also did a very helpful list of 1 years expenditure for a small family of three - apologies I dont have the link but you should be able to follow from the details provided above.
if you go in any papershop and buy one of the hundreds of cheap phone cards you can ring anytime for as little as 1c with an initial 50c connection fee from any land line. my $30 card lasted about 3 months and i was talking to friends for 3 hours at a time, a few days a week
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys

The responses were much appreciated.

Atticus
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:23 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

*doh* sorry, I thought you meant lond distance in Oz (didnt read the thread title properly, did I? ), jinx is right, if you want cheap calls to the UK you can easily get a phone card which give dirt cheap rates.

The other option is to use AAPT who now have a cap on the cost of calls to the UK. Have a look here http://www.aapt.com.au/smartchat/home_phone.asp .