British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Friend Needed! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/friend-needed-711878/)

marian and ian burgess Apr 2nd 2011 10:47 pm

Friend Needed!

Hey, I have been in Sydney (Dee Why) for about 17 months now with my husband. We love it here and being close to our family is amazing. We have permanent residency sponsored by our daughter. I am retired and finding it quite hard to actually make friends. I go to a gym regularly, belong to a book club and am generally a pretty friendly person. I spend a fair bit of my time with my daughter and her baby but would really like to make a couple of friends whom I can meet for coffee, shopping or a walk on the beach. Is there anybody out there? I do have my own car which makes life easier.
Marian

carolinephillips Apr 3rd 2011 9:43 pm

Re: Friend Needed!

Hi Marian- you have picked a lovely part of Sydney. I'm in St Ives which is not too far. I'm a bit younger than you, at 50, and work part time, but if you want to have coffee and a chat I'd be happy to do so.:thumbup:

marian and ian burgess Apr 3rd 2011 10:44 pm

Hey , Thanks for your reply. I am 67 but relatively youthful apparently!
I will PM you my phone numbers.
Marian

GoldCoastMag Apr 4th 2011 12:23 am

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess (Post 9283283)
Hey , Thanks for your reply. I am 67 but relatively youthful apparently!
I will PM you my phone numbers.
Marian

We are retired on the Gold Coast, happy to ring or meet if you visit this area.

marian and ian burgess Apr 4th 2011 8:26 am

Hey Thanks for your reply. No immediate plans to visit the Gold Coast but it is a definite possibility for the future. I will "save" you for the future.
How long have you been in Australia? We have a Contributory Parent Visa as we have two daughters here: one in Forster NSW and the other in Dee Why. Ian works part-time and he is a keen Scuba Diver.
Marian

carolinephillips Apr 5th 2011 3:54 am

I'd love to learn to scuba dive, but sadly can't for health reasons, so I just snorkel- my daughter has done a prelim PADI course, she is 15 and is also keen to get qualified. (She is 15)

marian and ian burgess Apr 5th 2011 10:26 pm

Hey Caroline
Looking forward to meeting you. I am pretty free most of next week so if you have the time maybe we could get together if you are not working all the time. Give me a call on either number!
Marian

carolinephillips Apr 13th 2011 10:10 pm

Great to meet you yesterday. Looking forward to doing it again.:thumbup:

marian and ian burgess Apr 14th 2011 6:09 am

Hey Caroline
I enjoyed it too. I can't believe that we were talking for over 2 hours.
See you soon
Marian