Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friend looking for a dog -anyone rehoming?

Friend looking for a dog -anyone rehoming?

Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Friend looking for a dog -anyone rehoming?

I have a friend who lives in Southampton and would be able to give a dog an excellent caring, loving home. She has approached rescue places but because she works they've said no. She is prepared to make an outside run or convert her garage into an outside area for when she's at work but they would have no company during the day (approx 8.30- 5.30). It would however have as much attention outside those hours as it could take as she lives on her own!- I just wondered if anyone had a dog that was used to this that needed rehoming?

If anyone does can they email me and I'll forward it to her. Any inspections welcome.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:04 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friend looking for a dog -anyone rehoming?

Originally Posted by JoBoznOllie
I have a friend who lives in Southampton and would be able to give a dog an excellent caring, loving home. She has approached rescue places but because she works they've said no. She is prepared to make an outside run or convert her garage into an outside area for when she's at work but they would have no company during the day (approx 8.30- 5.30). It would however have as much attention outside those hours as it could take as she lives on her own!- I just wondered if anyone had a dog that was used to this that needed rehoming?

If anyone does can they email me and I'll forward it to her. Any inspections welcome.
I have a friend who is moving to Belgium and needs to re-home their long haired (white) German Shepard. It`s free to good home but they need to be sure it will be going to a good loving home.
If you are interested PM me (we are in Gosport by the way).
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mean to be rude, but perhaps she should not have a dog herself with her not being home all day. Rehoming centre has said no for a reason and that is because its a long time for a dog to be alone. it is not fair on any animal. Maybe she should try a cat, but even that is pushing it. Think how you would feel being shut in a garage for up to 9 hours a day on you own!

We are all entitled to our own opinions so do not shout at me for voicing mine.

Libby
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

JoBoznOllie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LIBBY
I dont mean to be rude, but perhaps she should not have a dog herself with her not being home all day. Rehoming centre has said no for a reason and that is because its a long time for a dog to be alone. it is not fair on any animal. Maybe she should try a cat, but even that is pushing it. Think how you would feel being shut in a garage for up to 9 hours a day on you own!

We are all entitled to our own opinions so do not shout at me for voicing mine.

Libby
Fair enough but as I said in my post she's looking for a dog who is used to being in a run during the week. I know a few people who do this and their dogs are used to it and are fine with it. She wouldn't take one on that's not been in this situation before as she doesn't feel it would be fair, and I was wrong about the rescue homes saying she couldn't have one. The Blue cross have said she'd have to wait for one to come in that was suitable for her lifstyle. ..... and I'm only the messenger so don't shoot me!!!
Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:22 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough but as I said in my post she's looking for a dog who is used to being in a run during the week. I know a few people who do this and their dogs are used to it and are fine with it. She wouldn't take one on that's not been in this situation before as she doesn't feel it would be fair, and I was wrong about the rescue homes saying she couldn't have one. The Blue cross have said she'd have to wait for one to come in that was suitable for her lifstyle. ..... and I'm only the messenger so don't shoot me!!!
Hi there

Yes we are rehoming our 2 bedlington terriers, Blue & Charlie..... Blue is 3 & Charlie is 2 1/2.... they are really sweet little dogs. They are used to being alone for parts of the day too so sounds good! The only thing is we are in Yorkshire which is a long way from Southampton.

Let me know,

Claire