fridge freezers

Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

janine newtownabbey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fridge freezers

Can anybody tell me if you are allowed to bring fridge freezers to Oz from the UK. I have read on here that people have brought them but the company I am using to ship my belongings say that you can't.

Thanks
Old Jun 29th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of
Default Re: fridge freezers

Hogwash........you certainly can(they try and spin you a yarn about the cfc gas story but virtually all recent model units are cfc compliant)........although,a large volume of ppl decide not to take "white goods" if they are oldish as they prefer to replace for new once in OZ due to possible mechanical damage in transit!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:43 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple of links for Aqis that tell you what you can/cannot bring to Aus. Hope they're useful

http://www.daff.gov.au/__data/assets...canti_take.pdf

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/faqs

SMW
Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks, The link has really helped.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

stevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant future

If its fairly new bring it, we brought everything we could new front load washer, dishwasher, american fridge freezer, bar fridge , LCD projector the full nine yards really! pays you in the long term. heres a example panasonic full hd projector brought it in 2008 for £1995 in the uk saw it in the shops here friday for $6000 see what i mean. Rip off oz
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all your replies, I have bought all new white goods so I think I will buy a new frigde freezer now aswell!