Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

schools bullying policy

schools bullying policy

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:12 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold
Default schools bullying policy

i just been looking at a few school websites and i cant seem to anything on a schools bullying policy, my questions are:-

1) do they have a policy

2) or is bullying not an issue in oz cos it doesn`t happen

cheers steve
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:16 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: schools bullying policy

Originally Posted by hoops
i just been looking at a few school websites and i cant seem to anything on a schools bullying policy, my questions are:-

1) do they have a policy

cheers steve

Any of the ones I've viewed (in QLD) seem to have one.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoops

1) do they have a policy

cheers steve

Of course it happens children can be just as nasty here as anywhere. The bullying policies have been very good, they take quite a hard line on it. However at the end of last year its seemed to move to a non blame approach, ie the victim and the bully are treated in a similar way with no blame being apportioned, more a talk on unsuitable behaviour, bit unfair to the victim I feel, but I suppose thats all the PC crap we have now.

Another thing they are pretty quick on suspending kids, boys are always coming home and saying XXX was suspended.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:54 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

yep i dont know if i can be doing the that pc stuff but hey we`ll have to suck it and see

steve
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:30 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Our kids primary here in NSW has policies in place which are well supported by the school rules being placed on notice boards all round the school, reminding the children "to be nice to each other" etc. Let's hope we don't come any closer to it than that. . . .

Binbird
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:33 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

agreed

steve