Wikiposts

FRIDAY 13th

Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FRIDAY 13th

Originally posted by nickyc
I dared to criticise someone's punctuation (or rather lack of) once and the knives came out in force. But I've noticed that few people can spell the word 'definite' either. And as for the they're/there/their confusion that reigns - I wonder if they teach the difference in schools anymore.

i am a secondary school teacher and yes we do teach the difference between they're/there/their in schools, but it makes no difference with some kids. I also think lots of people make spelling mistakes on these forums because they are typing so fast. I know i do and i'm an english teacher.
cheers
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:32 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by j&s
Thanks Madsad - I dont think I'll contact Agent yet though - only sent the signed papers for TRA back to him 2 days ago - he'll think I'm mad.... or sad.....!!!!

I just want to know NOW! I know, I'm impatient.

When are you hoping to be in OZ, where abouts, how many of you are going, what's you occupation? Nosey aren't I?

Sue

Sue, believe me you are talking to the most impatient man alive!! the waiting is killing me!! me my wife donna & three kids, Andrew (12) Danielle (6) & Louise (2, 3 in July) are going to Brisbane.

I am a mechanical engineer to trade with experience in Sales aswell, i have already e mailed some employers and i am 90% guaranteed a job when i get there!!

wot about you & your's?? nosey aren't i
Old Jun 15th 2004, 11:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You can "fast track" a TRA but that can take 3 monhts I've heard.

The Fast Track I was on about is when DIMIA priority processes your visa application. The only time this happens is if your occupation is on the MODL.

It used to be IT people only, then nurses only but they've recently changed the rules and they are fast tracking all MODL applications.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:32 pm
j&s
Forum Regular

j&s is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by madsad
Sue, believe me you are talking to the most impatient man alive!! the waiting is killing me!! me my wife donna & three kids, Andrew (12) Danielle (6) & Louise (2, 3 in July) are going to Brisbane.

I am a mechanical engineer to trade with experience in Sales aswell, i have already e mailed some employers and i am 90% guaranteed a job when i get there!!

wot about you & your's?? nosey aren't i

Hubby is an electrical engineer, I'm a finance manager in a high school. We have 3 kiddies, 15, 12 & 8. We want to use the STNI route but have to make up our minds which state to plum for before we visit in Dec (as hubby 40 in Nov!!). The stupid thing is, we have wanted to do this for sooooo long, but the time has never been right. We've never afforded a visit either - but now it seems like its Now Or Never. Sometimes I think we must be mad, I know we'll miss friends and family dreadfully but all I keep thinking of is a saying I heard once - you shouldn't ever regret the things you've done in life, only the things you haven't done! I dont want to be 80, sat round the fire, saying "we should have gone to Australia".

Cant decide between Adelaide or Melbourne - any views anyone? (especially for finding work for Electrical Engineer).

Sue
Old Jun 15th 2004, 7:15 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by j&s
Hubby is an electrical engineer, I'm a finance manager in a high school. We have 3 kiddies, 15, 12 & 8. We want to use the STNI route but have to make up our minds which state to plum for before we visit in Dec (as hubby 40 in Nov!!). The stupid thing is, we have wanted to do this for sooooo long, but the time has never been right. We've never afforded a visit either - but now it seems like its Now Or Never. Sometimes I think we must be mad, I know we'll miss friends and family dreadfully but all I keep thinking of is a saying I heard once - you shouldn't ever regret the things you've done in life, only the things you haven't done! I dont want to be 80, sat round the fire, saying "we should have gone to Australia".

Cant decide between Adelaide or Melbourne - any views anyone? (especially for finding work for Electrical Engineer).

Sue
South Australia (Adelaide) are very pro activ in looking for migrants and are making it east to settle in, if you want PM me & i can give u contact details for the south australia rep, he will talk you thro it?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:23 am
j&s
Forum Regular

j&s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pm

thanks - I have PM-ed you. Did it work?

Sue
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:31 pm

Default Re: pm

Originally posted by j&s
thanks - I have PM-ed you. Did it work?

Sue

i got it sue, i have lost the bloody reps details but have gave you a starting point!! i hope it helps!!