Fremantle

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fremantle

Looks nice...

I'd like some opinions on the place from you guys.

We're definately heading for the Perth *region* and still undecided about where to put the roots down.

I believe since the Americas Cup way back, the town has been developed significantly and improved as a result.

Coming from the Isle of Man we obviously want to by the sea and in an area with great amenities / Schools for the kids.

Property prices are rising pretty rapidly I gather, can anyone fill us in ?

We'll have around £175,000 to spend on a property. We're looking for 4 beds 2 baths, nice outdoor area with bg pool. Achievable d'ya think in the suburbs surrounding Freo ?

Cheers

3 Legs (Ho ho ho !!!)
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:59 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fremantle

Originally posted by Three Legs
Looks nice...

I'd like some opinions on the place from you guys.

We're definately heading for the Perth *region* and still undecided about where to put the roots down.

I believe since the Americas Cup way back, the town has been developed significantly and improved as a result.

Coming from the Isle of Man we obviously want to by the sea and in an area with great amenities / Schools for the kids.

Property prices are rising pretty rapidly I gather, can anyone fill us in ?

We'll have around £175,000 to spend on a property. We're looking for 4 beds 2 baths, nice outdoor area with bg pool. Achievable d'ya think in the suburbs surrounding Freo ?

Cheers

3 Legs (Ho ho ho !!!)
Hello there,

Well do you want the good news or the bad news first. Others may be able to post more detailed information on Fremantle than I can, I am not overly familiar with the area in that I have visited but live 16k away.

There was a lot of investment in Fremantle for the Americas cup but there has been nothing since. It is a pity (IMO) that a lot of the original building facades have not had their originality protected.

When we arrived in Winter Fremantle was quite deserted but in Summer lots of cafes and coffee bars fill up with tourists and locals alike.

Be wary there are good spots and bad spots, I do not know it well enough to identify all the areas by name but there are 'rough spots and there are youth problems and homelessness on the streets of Fremantle.

Saying that some of the nicest areas/streets I have seen are in Fremantle but these properties are very expensive. Looking in this weeks real estate paper 3 bed 2 bath properties are about $350+ Nothing with a pool. To give you a taste a 4 bed 2bath, spa sauna views in Hilton $485. Other properties are $600+ running into millions.

Whatever you calculate you can afford on a property don't forget to cost in fees and stamp duty. Also the council tax is also calulated on the value of your property and can be hefty.

Happy House Hunting