Freezing

Old May 13th 2004, 7:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Freezing

Just home from nightshift out here in Melbourne & its a stunning 3 degrees outside. Anyone coming out in next few months forget the shorts & T shirt.
Old May 13th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Freezing

Originally posted by Bordy
Just home from nightshift out here in Melbourne & its a stunning 3 degrees outside. Anyone coming out in next few months forget the shorts & T shirt.
I'm about to go out for a walk and I've just gone to turn on the reverse cycle heater and it's not working Am now sitting here with my teeth chattering..brrrrr

I've got my gloves and winter hat at the ready for when I walk out the door.
Old May 13th 2004, 8:41 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Sounds like the Melbourne I know and don't love.
Old May 13th 2004, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Ulujain
Sounds like the Melbourne I know and don't love.
But on the other hand, it's going to be a sunny 19 degrees today
Old May 13th 2004, 8:47 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Jaykay
But on the other hand, it's going to be a sunny 19 degrees today
One of the reasons I like Brisbane is that the weather is fairly predictable year ound. The only thing predictable about Melbourne is Rex Hunt's big mouth.
Old May 13th 2004, 8:59 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Rather have unpredictable Melbourne anyday. Not as many spiders & cockies & a great bunch of Ex Pats down here. Now I'm off to my nice warm bed.
Old May 13th 2004, 9:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane (well our bit of it !) got down to 6 degrees last night!!! Rather nice after all that heat
Old May 13th 2004, 9:57 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Phew - what a relief! I thought I was being a girly wimp to be feeling so cold here, but if the hardy Scotsman is cold, then it really *IS* cold

Not kilt weather then, eh Bordy?

Anya (sitting hunched up next to heater - brrrrrrr.....)
Old May 13th 2004, 10:00 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Jaykay
I'm about to go out for a walk and I've just gone to turn on the reverse cycle heater and it's not working Am now sitting here with my teeth chattering..brrrrr

I've got my gloves and winter hat at the ready for when I walk out the door.
Meanwhile, my personal upside on this is that it's still worth bringing over my fine collection of cashmere jumpers (Thought I was gonna have to give them to the cats to sleep on....)

Anya.
Old May 13th 2004, 10:02 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Rather have unpredictable Melbourne anyday. Not as many spiders & cockies & a great bunch of Ex Pats down here. Now I'm off to my nice warm bed.
Yeah, well you wait till I'm here to lower the tone of the place

Anya.
Old May 13th 2004, 11:26 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The wife advises to stock up on jumpers in Britain before coming over here. Apparently cashmere is cheaper in the UK.

I have my overcoat ready for the Blue Mountains tomorrow.
Old May 13th 2004, 11:33 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
One of the reasons I like Brisbane is that the weather is fairly predictable year ound.
Is it not....Wet 6 months, dry 6 months??

I like Mellies weather on the whole, its chilly now, but in another hour will be 20 ish and the sky is sunny and blue, not bad for the tail end of autumn.

Ps Boardy, you're right about them expats mate, wheres me VB???
Old May 14th 2004, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Cold here too in Perth. 4 degrees. Wore a big thick woolly jumper here all day yesterday, looks as though I will be doing the same again today, even though the sky is blue and the sun is shining.

Whisky
Old May 14th 2004, 12:33 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by hevs
I like Mellies weather on the whole, its chilly now, but in another hour will be 20 ish and the sky is sunny and blue, not bad for the tail end of autumn.
Yup, it's beautiful out there now. Just been for a stroll round the block, lovely skies, perfect temperatures, not too cold but just enough to feel like autumn. Exactly the kind of weather that I was worrying about missing. 'Spose that's why Melbourne appealed.

Mark
Old May 14th 2004, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you know what's really weird though....in the UK if it was 2 degrees I'd be scraping the ice off the car window and the grass would be really white and thick with frost, whereas this morning it still felt like 2 degrees but there was only a very light frost on the grass, and this was only on the really open areas, but there was no ice on the cars, just alot of condensation...strange hey?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.