Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Freelance Hairdressing in WA,does it work?

Freelance Hairdressing in WA,does it work?

Old Apr 5th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Question Freelance Hairdressing in WA,does it work?

Please could people from WA offer opinions on whether hairdressing services offered at clients homes would/do work?
I'm 20 years salon experienced and when I arrive at Perth,will start in Salons but would like feedback on the 'freelancing'.
Lynn
Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:10 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: Freelance Hairdressing in WA,does it work?

Hi Lynn. Not in Australia yet, but I am also a hairdresser and if you have a look on a web site called Real Estate Australia, they advertise mobile salons for sale. So I would assume that the opportunity do do freelance is avaliable. Hope this helps. Marie
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:19 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I did see a house for sale on realestate.com.au a few months ago that had a salon in the house ! Was in a southern burb if i remember ?
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I did see a house for sale on realestate.com.au a few months ago that had a salon in the house ! Was in a southern burb if i remember ?

Hi i am a mobile hairdresser and i did see on tv a house for sale in Melbourne with a salon attached, so i guess it is as popular as here, maybe thats why i saw 40 jobs for hairdressers in Adelaide.I wonder if it is the same attitude as here, but i have always been sucessfull.Just sent my TRA hope it goes through ok.What is the job situation in Perth? Tracy
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alinora9
Hi i am a mobile hairdresser and i did see on tv a house for sale in Melbourne with a salon attached, so i guess it is as popular as here, maybe thats why i saw 40 jobs for hairdressers in Adelaide.I wonder if it is the same attitude as here, but i have always been sucessfull.Just sent my TRA hope it goes through ok.What is the job situation in Perth? Tracy

I think job prospects in Perth are good too for hairstylists.
Can you remember how much the house was in melbourne?
Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

When I was in Perth I did notice an awful lot of bad haircuts so there must be a market. Perhaps everyone gets their hair cut by their mums?

Nick
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:09 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Freelance Hairdressing in WA,does it work?

Originally Posted by alinora9
My wife is a fully qualified stylist but has more recently been more involved in the tonsorial art of barbering.

Would you say that the demand for barbers is on par with stylists in Australia?

TIA,

R.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Please could people from WA offer opinions on whether hairdressing services offered at clients homes would/do work?
I'm 20 years salon experienced and when I arrive at Perth,will start in Salons but would like feedback on the 'freelancing'.
Lynn
One of my best friends in Ocean Reef runs a home salon, she does fine. She goes out and about too, it's all about building a clientbase.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renth
One of my best friends in Ocean Reef runs a home salon, she does fine. She goes out and about too, it's all about building a clientbase.

When you say home salon,does that mean she has a salon attached to her home or just uses her house for hairdressing?
Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:17 pm

When you say home salon,does that mean she has a salon attached to her home or just uses her house for hairdressing?
Lynn
I will try and find the house if its still for sale.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will try and find the house if its still for sale.

Thanx,i'm not going to melbourne but i'm interested in the cost as a guideline,
Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:38 pm

Thanx,i'm not going to melbourne but i'm interested in the cost as a guideline,
Lynn
Nope outa luck must of sold as it was on a few months ago !
If i remember it was 4bed single story house with a builtin salon and pool for A$ 300 k lots of house for your money
Melb would cost much more me thinks .
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nope outa luck must of sold as it was on a few months ago !
If i remember it was 4bed single story house with a builtin salon and pool for A$ 300 k lots of house for your money
Melb would cost much more me thinks .

Thanx for that. Where are you heading?
Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:25 pm

Thanx for that. Where are you heading?
Lynn
Look at my name
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn
It's a room in her house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.