Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Freedom Shipping

Freedom Shipping

Old May 27th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough
Default Freedom Shipping

Hey guys - has anyone used this company to ship their stuff??

I am moving home with the fella and I've been looking at the baggage removalists in tnt magazine - and they are all pretty similar pricewise for my baggage (5 Tea Cartons, all around £320 for this)

One company in tnt magazine, Freedom, will do 5 tea cartons for £160 - bargain - but when I called Anglo Pacific, they said not to use Freedom.

I don't know whether to trust them or not!!! Has anyone used Freedom, and was it okay?
Old May 27th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Default Re: Freedom Shipping

hi try looking through a post on this not so long ago and they seemed very good we are even looking at them good luck Kate
Old May 28th 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Freedom Shipping

Hiya
We have used freedom shipping. We sent 18 tea chests. They went in the last week of september and were suppose to arrive 8 weeks later. However we received our chests in the last week of January. right up to the delay I thought freedom shipping were great. However after week after weeks of delay I kept getting the same response. Your shipment will arrive shortly. No one would tell me an exact delivery date and then when I called the uk again, I was told the account needs paying, hence why no delivery. Now freedom shipping have to be paid within 48 of the boxes been picked up so I had paid this account back in september/october. Clearly they had no idea what was going on and then the boxes went to melbourne not brisbane. My shipment arrived after nearly 17 weeks. 9 weeks later then planned. However they turned up with no phone call and no warning. The contents were ok and i only had 3 photo frames broken.
Hope this helps.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Freedom shipping and cant recommend them highly enough.

They kept us constantly updated as to what was going on, everything went smoothly and without a hitch.

I do believe 2 ornaments were broken but I hadn't packed them very well but that was the only thing.

I would use them again
Old May 28th 2008, 7:03 am
Just Joined

ozwaitress will become famous soon enough

we used them too, or stuff arrived a week earlier than planned. we also shipped bikes and everything was fine! i would use them again.
Old May 28th 2008, 8:10 am
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MelbourneCityRach
Hey guys - has anyone used this company to ship their stuff??

I am moving home with the fella and I've been looking at the baggage removalists in tnt magazine - and they are all pretty similar pricewise for my baggage (5 Tea Cartons, all around £320 for this)

One company in tnt magazine, Freedom, will do 5 tea cartons for £160 - bargain - but when I called Anglo Pacific, they said not to use Freedom.

I don't know whether to trust them or not!!! Has anyone used Freedom, and was it okay?
we used them nobody better or cheaper as far as we are concerned didnt bother with insurance either as with some items the insurance is more expensive than the items, good comms and inside 8 weeks. Excellent
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

bigal300 is an unknown quantity at this point

We also used freedom,cant fault them at all,20 tea cartons arrived when they should no damage and very reasonable .
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

And Van Isla is on a distinguished road

Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

I sent 6 tea chest size boxes with Freedom in July- arrived in Melbourne in 7 weeks- no problems, everything fine.

The company seems to be a branch of Seven Seas? - just cheaper.