free transfer!

Old Oct 21st 2002, 4:49 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: was london now glenelg sa
Posts: 455
jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default free transfer!

Found out today that ind skilled app june 2001 is being sent to adelaide.Dont know whether this is good or bad news but have decided to be positive.Come on adelaide you cant do worse than london team 1and at least their not charging us to send it there.Well not yet anyway!!!
jockney is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2002, 5:57 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
sunny_samantha's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 298
sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: free transfer!

Originally posted by jockney:
Found out today that ind skilled app june 2001 is being sent to adelaide.Dont know whether this is good or bad news but have decided to be positive.Come on adelaide you cant do worse than london team 1and at least their not charging us to send it there.Well not yet anyway!!!
we are thinking of applying using the points sytem...is that what you are doing?
any advice would be appreciated
GOOD LUCK
rod and susan
sunny_samantha is offline  
Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:13 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Ginny's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 455
Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: free transfer!

Originally posted by sunny_samantha:


we are thinking of applying using the points sytem...is that what you are doing?
any advice would be appreciated
GOOD LUCK
rod and susan
Hi Rod and Susan, what do you want to know?

Regards

Ginny
Ginny is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 9:48 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
sunny_samantha's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 298
sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: free transfer!

Originally posted by Ginny:


Hi Rod and Susan, what do you want to know?

Regards

Ginny
Hi Ginny
The answer to that is anything and everything!!!!!
Really, at the moment we want advice on how to get started...do you recomend that we use one of these internet migration sites to submit our application or can we just submit it independently? how long does the process really take? Do you have any advice about where to apply for jobs and areas of Australia that currently have lots of jobs (teaching preferably!) available? Just one last question, how easy would it be for us both to buy property once we get there as we want to make this into a serious long-term (hopefully permanent) move?
Sorry there are so many questions but any tips whatsoever would be appreciated
Thanks
Susan and Rod
sunny_samantha is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 9:55 am
  #5  
Ex Mod (2002-2005)
 
ptlabs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: NSW
Posts: 5,464
ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: free transfer!

> Originally posted by sunny_samantha:
> The answer to that is anything and everything!!!!!

Be careful of what you wish for


> Really, at the moment we want advice on how to get started...

If you want to DIY, you should visit http://www.immi.gov.au/ first and foremost.


> do you recomend that we use one of these internet migration
> sites to submit our application or can we just submit it independently?

Internet migration site? I wouldn't recommend anything unreliable (I'm not suggesting that internet migration sites are unreliable - I'm just saying you'll have to be sure it's reliable before parting your money for their services).

There's nothing wrong with submitting your application on your own, but be prepared for a lot of paperwork, research and fact finding on your own. Otherwise, there are a couple of reliable registered migration agents on this forum, and I'm sure they'll be glad to be of some assistance to you.


> how long does the process really take?

Skilled independent applications are quoted at 50 weeks at the moment, excluding the time taken to obtain a pre-application skills assessment, which can take about 1 to 3 months on its own.


> Sorry there are so many questions but any tips whatsoever
> would be appreciated

Try this site for starters: http://australianz.topcities.com/


HTH

Peter
ptlabs is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.