Free Tennis?

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:41 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Free Tennis?

Maybe you're the man for this one Tennisoz? Or anyone else of course

Just wondering if there are many/any free tennis courts in the bigger cities in oz, especially Brisbane, especially the bayside suburbs....

I already know there are lots in the smaller towns, and even in the mid-sized places like Townsville....just wondering if that trend is still true for the bigger cities.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 1:14 pm
tennisoz

Default Re: Free Tennis?

Originally posted by PeteY
Maybe you're the man for this one Tennisoz? Or anyone else of course

Just wondering if there are many/any free tennis courts in the bigger cities in oz, especially Brisbane, especially the bayside suburbs....

I already know there are lots in the smaller towns, and even in the mid-sized places like Townsville....just wondering if that trend is still true for the bigger cities.
Pete

I can only speak for Melbourne really. Where I come from in Melbourne (Williamstown) there is a very enlightened council. They have a few 'community tennis sites'. The one I know has 2 good tennis courts with a high fence and padlocked gate. The council come along early in the morning and unlock the gate and return at night and lock the gate. First come, first served, and its free and people use them a lot and there isn't vandalism.

I would imagine the same system applies in other cities and by other councils. Even if you join or play at a club in Oz they are, in my experience, cheaper and more welcoming than in the UK. You can get info about all states at www.tennisaustralia.com.au

Hope this helps

TennisOz

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 1:55 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free Tennis?

Originally posted by tennisoz
Pete

I can only speak for Melbourne really. Where I come from in Melbourne (Williamstown) there is a very enlightened council. They have a few 'community tennis sites'. The one I know has 2 good tennis courts with a high fence and padlocked gate. The council come along early in the morning and unlock the gate and return at night and lock the gate. First come, first served, and its free and people use them a lot and there isn't vandalism.

I would imagine the same system applies in other cities and by other councils. Even if you join or play at a club in Oz they are, in my experience, cheaper and more welcoming than in the UK. You can get info about all states at www.tennisaustralia.com.au

Hope this helps

TennisOz
Thats great TO, thanks.

Over the summer the wife and I were paying £5 a go at our local tennis courts, and they were tarmac hard courts which is'nt the nicest surface! All of our local clubs were full. Looking forward to getting back to mount gambier for a few weeks which has free hardcourts (the smooth stuff, not tarmac). Free tennis. I love it