Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free moles testing in Melbourne?

Free moles testing in Melbourne?

Old May 13th 2007, 9:58 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Free moles testing in Melbourne?

I heard you can get moles tested for skin cancer free in Australia.
Can anyone advise where you can get this done in Melbourne please.
Many thanks
Old May 13th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Re: Free moles testing in Melbourne?

Hey

I'm not sure that is the case, I can only advise based on my own experience.

I had a couple of moles that didn't quite look right and the doc in the uk kept saying they were fine. I decided to have them checked out at a skin cancer clinic (you can find heaps of these in the phone direcotry) while i was on holiday in oz. The doc was great and removed both of them straight away (they were frozen off with a spray type thing....sorry i can't be more specific)

The consultation and treatment cost around $100 which considering the consequences of not having them removed I thought was money well spent.

Hope this helps
Old May 13th 2007, 1:31 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freckles1970
Hey

I'm not sure that is the case, I can only advise based on my own experience.

I had a couple of moles that didn't quite look right and the doc in the uk kept saying they were fine. I decided to have them checked out at a skin cancer clinic (you can find heaps of these in the phone direcotry) while i was on holiday in oz. The doc was great and removed both of them straight away (they were frozen off with a spray type thing....sorry i can't be more specific)

The consultation and treatment cost around $100 which considering the consequences of not having them removed I thought was money well spent.

Hope this helps
You might need to change your name now then. slightlylessfreckles1970 maybe?
Old May 13th 2007, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
Many thanks
Living underground you would think that moles wouldn't be prone to skin cancer wouldn't you?
Old May 13th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

very funny!
Old May 13th 2007, 11:32 pm
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freckles1970
very funny!
Yeah - I knew I should have worded this a bit differently!! I knew someone would crack a joke sooner or later!

Thanks Freckles, we will check the yellow pages out when we arrive. Are the skin clinics the kind of places you can just walk in, or do you need to make appointments well in advance?
Old May 13th 2007, 11:41 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
Many thanks

I doubt its free anywhere but you can claim it back on Medicare so a scan costs around $20
Old May 13th 2007, 11:45 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I doubt its free anywhere but you can claim it back on Medicare so a scan costs around $20

we are brissie and yes i have had a skin scan and they bulk bill, so dont have to physically pay anything, they are full checks too - down to undies and optional boobs and bums etc, i kept my undies on and have bum cheeks checked!!

need appointments where i go, do a google search
Old May 13th 2007, 11:51 pm
C&R

Originally Posted by mandtooz
we are brissie and yes i have had a skin scan and they bulk bill, so dont have to physically pay anything, they are full checks too - down to undies and optional boobs and bums etc, i kept my undies on and have bum cheeks checked!!

I seem to recall reading on here ages ago, it was free to all residents.
Anyway, no problems, its my boyfriend I'm worried about, he has a large one on the bottom of his toe, it looks a bit suspect, so we are hoping to get it checked out when we arrive for a fleeting visit later next month.
Old May 13th 2007, 11:52 pm
C&R

Thanks mandtooz, I did try to google before I posted this on here. I could not find anything specific to Melbourne, I tryed googleing skin clinics, Moles testing, skin cancer etc. But could not find an address/info on where to get it done.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

If you are only their on holiday, I don't think you would be able to claim this on medicare as you need a gp to refer you to a clinic to enable you to get the benefits. As I said before it wasn't expensive anyway and removes the hassle factor arranging it yourself. I would just arrange it when you get there.

Look on the white pages for melbourne.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/index.jsp

I only had to wait a couple of days for an appointment so was bale to arrange this on a fairly short holiday.

I would suggest however if they do remove the mole his foot will be very sore so you may need to plan for this.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz

Sorry but what are optional boobs and bums?
Old May 14th 2007, 7:41 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry but what are optional boobs and bums?
wouldnt it be nice if u could choose!