Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free haircut in Perth?

Free haircut in Perth?

Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all
Default Free haircut in Perth?

Does anyone know of any hairdresssing school offering free haircut?

I saw a notice posted a month ago in Travellers shop, but I called and she has left.

I am skint, and unfortunately my hair is growing longer and need a trim.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free haircut in Perth?

Originally Posted by kaungchiau

I saw a notice posted a month ago in Travellers shop, but I called and she has left.

Go through the Yellow Pages for Hairdressing Schools and ring them. Rare to be free though, generally they have some charges depending on how far along the course they are.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:35 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

i have a pair of sharp scissors......

i'm pretty sure Dorothy will hold you down for me
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all

Thanks for that. If you have a pair of sharp scissors, do you do haircut?

Your blog does not appear to have been updated for a year.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sam could do your haircut but beware she may have had many many glasses of chardonnay first.

On a serious note, there is a hairdressing school in Northbridge where you could possibly be a hair model. I've done it both in Canada and here.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

If u have a pair of scissors, you could ask one of ur friend to do it. It shouldn't be that difficult
When I was young, my old man usually cut my hair and he has no formal teaching in hairdressing. BTW, the haircut wasn't that bad.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:45 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

If you can book flights over to Brisbane - I can give you a free haircut. No problem.

Let me know what dates are suitable for you.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:11 am
ABCDiamond

D-I-Y

Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Just remember to put the comb on. The husband didn't and I came home to a bald guy who I'd not seen before
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Just remember to put the comb on. The husband didn't and I came home to a bald guy who I'd not seen before
After that first move that cut out a nice landing strip he did not have much choice did he?
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I looked around here in Adelaide for just what you are looking for and the schools all charge.

I did happen to go past a hairdressers one day with a 'models wanted' sign in the window, and they cut my hair for free. It was a really good cut too.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the OP can work something out with a hairdresser. If he has a skill that the hairdresser needs they can work out some sort of barter thingy. You know - he mows the lawns or weeds the gardens and in exchange the hairdresser does a haircut.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:40 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

What's your trade? Do you work for free?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. Yes, I work for free or pro bono when required. No, I have not found any hairdressing salon with a "Models wanted" poster on the window.

One of the thing I miss after coming to Oz. I lived in London for 9 years, have never paid for haircut, because I am always skint. Fortunately, free haircut is always available in London.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I thought it was odd that they expect you to pay for a trainee who takes 4 times as long to cut your hair, and you are facing the risk of them doing something wrong.

Mind you, if I go for a free haircut I do always let them choose what they want to do to my hair, I figure not too many people probably do that, and best let them practice something they need to practice.
I had my hair done about 2-3 months ago and told the girl to do whatever she wanted, to which she said 'short, short' and cut most of it off.

I was pleased with it though, and she got to learn a new cut of hair (actually, she really wasn't getting it and needed a lot of help).

There was actually a UK bloke running that place, so maybe that was why it was free