Reload this Page >

Free Fllights to oz!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Free Fllights to oz!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

barbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Free Fllights to oz!!!!!!!!

my last attempt at getting any attention got my title removed so last time and then I will get sense
Hi all,

many or most of you out there seem to be house owners in the UK. My partner and I are living in Ireland (hes british Im Irish)......we got back from a year working holiday visa in Oz in March........we were lucky to go straight into jobs however we are not house owners and are paying off debts from our year away.....we will be debit free by march, we applied for skills assesment yesterday.......we will have to do the bond thing to get PR.....it will take all our resources to raise this money and as we are looking to move to oz we are not intending to buy house here.........Im not sure if any of you no the housing situation in Ireland, its worse the the UK and even on par if not worse than London......therefore Im paniking a bit about not getting on the property ladder here especially if oz PR does not work out
I was just wondering if there are any of you out there who moved to Oz without having sold a house first (and having the money raised by the house)
Also on a general note you are very lucky that you are not in the Euro as the value of sterling is just brilliant when you get to oz
Anway I was just looking for some feedback on this.....and maybe some positive comments to help me ease my concerns
Im 28 and my boyfriend is 30
I dont regret doing the travelling thing but it certainly has its draw backs !!

By the way any of you who have not been to oz, it is worth it (or so I keep telling myself)!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Barbs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Ok if it will stop you messing about with your title then here is an answer.

We dont own our own home, havent for the last 3 years, dont have much cash due to past problems which have taken a big toll on us over the last 5 years, but we have worked hard to pay our bond money and save what we hope will be enough to see us through when we get there.

Not everyone who uses this forum is loaded and will be able to afford the mortgage free lifestyle we would all love, infact you'll find its probably only the ones who mention it and a few others who are in this position, for those who are great, life should be good and easier in the outset for them, but for the rest of us it will be like it is here, we work we pay the bills we enjoy ourselves on whatever is left.

One bit of advice would be not to go leaving any debts here or you will never make it.

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:46 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Fllights to oz!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by barbs
my last attempt at getting any attention got my title removed so last time and then I will get sense
Hi all,

Barbs
WHAT! really? sorry don't know the answer, but keep getting lured into the bloody same question
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

thanks lynn,

no more messing with my title now, heres to saving lots of money........something tells me that we will have lots of time to save

Barbs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
WHAT! really? sorry don't know the answer, but keep getting lured into the bloody same question
Not sure barbs- If you don't mind my asking, how are you planning to raise the bond money?
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps shes heard of the skimpys
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

we have a site which we can sell which will get us about half, we will also be saving, the bank has also agreed to lend us money, I think that we will be borrowing some money, depending on how much we can save............I know some might think we are mad to borrow but its just the interest we would have to pay off , when the bond is released we would use this to pay off loan........also I have read some posts on this site regarding money needed when you are over there (to tie you over for when you get a job) .... I was seeing amounts like £20,000 and £10,000, I just think thats crazy, we have friends we can stay with until we get a job and I know from being there before that we will not need anywhere like that amount of money
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Oh to be young, child free and...........whats that word?......can anyone help me out here.........

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:59 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry

Everyone has there little panic moments.

I am a house owner over here in England and will definately have to sell before I can move across to Oz.
Otherwise I will have no money for a deposit on a place over their.

Just another waiting game, seems to be many in the whole application process.

TT

Originally posted by barbs
Hi all,

many or most of you out there seem to be house owners in the UK. My partner and I are living in Ireland (hes british Im Irish)......we got back from a year working holiday visa in Oz in March........we were lucky to go straight into jobs however we are not house owners and are paying off debts from our year away.....we will be debit free by march, we applied for skills assesment yesterday.......we will have to do the bond thing to get PR.....it will take all our resources to raise this money and as we are looking to move to oz we are not intending to buy house here.........Im not sure if any of you no the housing situation in Ireland, its worse the the UK and even on par if not worse than London......therefore Im paniking a bit about not getting on the property ladder here especially if oz PR does not work out
I was just wondering if there are any of you out there who moved to Oz without having sold a house first (and having the money raised by the house)
Also on a general note you are very lucky that you are not in the Euro as the value of sterling is just brilliant when you get to oz
Anway I was just looking for some feedback on this.....and maybe some positive comments to help me ease my concerns
Im 28 and my boyfriend is 30
I dont regret doing the travelling thing but it certainly has its draw backs !!

By the way any of you who have not been to oz, it is worth it (or so I keep telling myself)!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Barbs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Barbs,
We're in a similar position, we don't have a house to sell. Its a case of saving as much as we can. We're hoping to have just over 20K. We're staying with relatives at first. As soon as we get proper jobs we'll start house hunting. In an ideal world we'll not have to use much of our savings but it depends on landing a job.
Burnsy
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Burnsy74
Barbs,
We're in a similar position, we don't have a house to sell. Its a case of saving as much as we can. We're hoping to have just over 20K. We're staying with relatives at first. As soon as we get proper jobs we'll start house hunting. In an ideal world we'll not have to use much of our savings but it depends on landing a job.
Burnsy
Hi Barbs- sounds like you'll be fine - just find out about how much each step will cost you...I guess most of us with houses to sell also have kids to home, so it's not the big dream it all sounds...in fact, it may be easier for you as you won't have the stress of having to get buyers etc. and selling before you leave etc.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

lynn,
I think we have our heads screwed on, when last in oz we worked in Sydney for 4 months and saved $15000 , we are good with money and realise we wont be able to buy a house until we get bond back and pay off all debts..........not having kids is a big help........I know how much you can live on over there.........we travelling around most of australia for 3 months and it cost us $5000 so I think that we will be ok
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by lynnj
Oh to be young, child free and...........whats that word?......can anyone help me out here.........

Lynn
calm. Happy. Less stressed??
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Good for you Barbs

We all have our own comfort zone and at 35 with 2 kids and another one due in feb my comfort zone would be a little higher than yours.

Actually the rate this bump is growing i dont think i'll know what comfort is for a long time:scared:

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:36 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by lynnj
Actually the rate this bump is growing i dont think i'll know what comfort is for a long time:scared:

Lynn
I have to agree with you Lynn, couldn't believe you were only 8 weeks gone and looked that big!! (stomach only i mean)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.