Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free advertising in Straya Idea

Wikiposts

Free advertising in Straya Idea

Old Nov 8th 2003, 5:05 am
Badge

Straya is the "strine" pronounciation of "Australia" - a kind of garbled abbreviated version,

Australia = Austraya - Straya - its like people have got lasier. eg

"What I want to know, what's in it for the average 'Strayan."

Old Nov 8th 2003, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Guildford is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, I now understand, I think!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 8:19 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
Straya is the "strine" pronounciation of "Australia" - a kind of garbled abbreviated version,

Australia = Austraya - Straya - its like people have got lasier. eg

"What I want to know, what's in it for the average 'Strayan."

Dont worry Guildford, most people that talk like that are the ocker blokes who spend hours in the outback pubs 200 kms from the nearest town. Most of us city folk do speak something thats at least a semblance of Queens English .

We used to shop in Guildford, nice town!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Utes are the most useful vehicle you can have. Why fluff around with cars that are going to get rammed at shops, dont carry anyting big like Ikea packs or plants. Get one now

My upmarket Honda (Birthday gift) is in the garage with less than 10,000 klms (nothing here) on the clock, useless thing give me a ute anyday. Gets dragged out for weddings and long drives, besides the dog keeps trying to chew on the leather seats
Old Nov 9th 2003, 1:21 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I was thinking about getting a dual cab ute...but i am worried about people nicking stuff out of the back. Does it happen much, if you just use a traytop with a tarp? Are you better off with a fibreglass cabin top, like the one in Badgers pic?
Old Nov 9th 2003, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
I was thinking about getting a dual cab ute...but i am worried about people nicking stuff out of the back. Does it happen much, if you just use a traytop with a tarp? Are you better off with a fibreglass cabin top, like the one in Badgers pic?
Hi Pete

That would depend largely on where you live - a tarp is totally unsecured, so it's no different to leaving your car unlocked. On the other hand, having a tarp is more flexible than a fixed flat lid, or a cabin.

My sister had a twin cab a few years back but got sick of having to deal with the tarp every time she was transporting bulky stuff and >2 people (i.e. couldn't put the stuff on the back seat) so she got a normal 4wd. But they also have a ute anyway for the farm so didn't really need 2 vehicles with trays.

HP