Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Free advertising in Straya Idea

Wikiposts

Free advertising in Straya Idea

Old Nov 7th 2003, 5:07 am
Badge

Default Free advertising in Straya Idea

To all those "tradesmen/hairdresser" couples out there who can operate a small skilled business(s) from home and outside on the move:

1) Get a ABN * 2. (Aussie Business Number)
1) Buy a twin cab ute WITH CANOPY
a) You have to. For kids, for shopping. For posing. Say a Hilux.

b) You can slap your mobile plus door to door service trade over one side. eg. "Mobile Hair Dressing 0421 123 344"

"Ah!" I hear you cry : why not put it on the other side as well.

Nope. Stick your other half's mobile and, say, home-based trade on it. eg. "PC Doctor 03 1235 6791".

As utes are more visible in traffic, you'll get free adverts. The person doing the house calls on business can put their gear in the back, under the canopy, and at the same time advertise for the bugger at home who is beavering away in between phone calls. The "driver" can also pick up the goods to bring "back".

Pays the mortgage. Gets you out of trouble.

Badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Nov 7th 2003 at 5:11 am.

Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:34 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Free advertising in Straya Idea

[QUOTE][i]

a) You have to. For kids, for shopping. For posing. Say a Hilux.

HILUX???
Nay lad a Holden or nowt.
Attached Thumbnails Free advertising in Straya Idea-vintage_ute.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:35 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

[i]

Say a Hilux.

Badge
Or the latest one maybe.
Attached Thumbnails Free advertising in Straya Idea-2002_ute_side.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:39 am
Badge

not a ute, a 4x4 twin cab. I forget that a ute is technically a "car-pickup". as invented in Straya.

you want the high sides.

Badge

Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
As utes are more visible in traffic, you'll get free adverts.
Not with all the mums in their 4WDs blocking the view!!

All the posing utes now seem to be these low slung Fords and Holdens. I even saw one with a spoiler on the back this week. What is the point of a spoiler on a ute?!! How do you get things in and out of the tray!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 6:56 am
Home in 2010.

not a ute, a 4x4 twin cab. I forget that a ute is technically a "car-pickup". as invented in Straya.

you want the high sides.

Badge
Like this???
Attached Thumbnails Free advertising in Straya Idea-4runner.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:24 am
Badge

Nope the one with the "tray" on the back - not the "lifestyle" or "family version"

The canopy, if you get it, is detachable.

BM

Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:26 am
Badge

Nope the one with the "tray" on the back - not the "lifestyle" or "family version"

The canopy, if you get it, is detachable.

BM
Attached Thumbnails Free advertising in Straya Idea-cw2308320-093-vmx566.jpg  

Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

sashadan is an unknown quantity at this point

u mean these?

http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/dn...rp&startRow=31

http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/usedca..._60/index.html
Old Nov 7th 2003, 10:00 pm
Home in 2010.

When I lived in OZ I never liked the idea of a ute, but when I go back I am seriously considering one. There are five of us and a twin cab would be excellent for us. The 3 boys in the back. Plus I can use the rear for work and carrying things around. Yes I think next year I will have a Ute and an Akubra.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my God!
I get it Straya is slang for Australia right?!
That's been bugging me for weeks, wondering where the heck bloody Straya was!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 10:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nicholls clan
HILUX???
Nay lad a Holden or nowt.
hey that old holden ute is parked in front of the Donnybrook shops (or rather SHOP!) Im sure of it! Wheres dotty, Im sure she will verify it
Old Nov 8th 2003, 1:49 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Barbara 2003
Oh my God!
I get it Straya is slang for Australia right?!
That's been bugging me for weeks, wondering where the heck bloody Straya was!
We'll have yew torkin strine before yew know what's happening!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rog Williams
We'll have yew torkin strine before yew know what's happening! [/QUOTE

Ha ha, very good!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Guildford is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I have not worked the quotes bit out yet, I would like to know why you refer to Australia as Straya? as I have never heard anyone ever pronounce it that way. Sorry if I am out of turn asking just curious.

Last edited by Guildford; Nov 8th 2003 at 4:53 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.