Freaking out!

Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Freaking out!

Is it natural to be excited one minute and then freaking out the next??? moving to Adelaide soonish. Hate where we are living anyway, but leaving a relatively secure lifestyle, jobs, schooling, etc to venture into the unknown... has anyone else had simiar feelings, got over them, not got over them?????
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freaking out!

Oh yes - i know exactly what you are thinking. Not so much the unknown, but i have SOOOO much to do. We leave 2 weeks today and the house sale is still waiting to complete and without it we will arrive with enough money for a buger, we havent started packing, we havent notified the utilities, and i hgave a masters thesis to finish writing that wont be complete till 2 days before the move.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

I get you......you make my situation sound like a piece of cake!! we sold our house just before the market collapsed last year (living in Ireland), so renting knowing that we would be moving somewhere at some stage. We did a huge clear our during the move so, what we have we take....

Where you heading to?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney. At least the OH has finished work now and can get on with the packing and things. I am getting on with jigging the solicitors to get the completion done. Where are you off to?
I wish we had sold our house months ago when we first decided, instead we lost about a third of its then value.
But, i just keep smiling with the thought that in two weeks, i will be out of here
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Adelaide. Not sure where in Adelaide once we get there mind you... all too much to think about. We have about 6 months or so yet anyway
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

We have two weeks and dont know where in Sydney yet either lol
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lettik
Is it natural to be excited one minute and then freaking out the next??? moving to Adelaide soonish. Hate where we are living anyway, but leaving a relatively secure lifestyle, jobs, schooling, etc to venture into the unknown... has anyone else had simiar feelings, got over them, not got over them?????
I'm still freaking out now lol.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Haven't sold our house yet - but have already started clearing stuff out - trying to get organised
I have days when my mood changes from wanting desperately to go - to not being that fussed as to whether we go or not (much to the OH's horror regarding my ever changing moods! ).....
It's the fear of the unknown i think - we get complacent in our normal everyday life - especially when things are not that terrible in the
1st place....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

You are so right. Life takes on its own natural course doesn't it? life is "ok" here, but we spend so much time giving out about the this and that and wanting to leave, try something new.When it happens suddenly its "omigod its not so bad after all"! Its like when you decide your crock of a car needs changing, you look at the prices of a new one and suddenly the old one isnt so bad after all....

I definately want to go. I think what's put the spanner in the works is this whole process has been up and down.We have been messed about a bit with getting the visa, now we have it since earlier this week. Thought we had only to validate the visa by March next year, then had to start our time in Oz within the next 3yrs - but I think what it actually means is that we have to live and work in Oz for 2 of the next 3 years from validation point. It's just brought everything much closer.

What freaks me the most, is our daughter is about to start into the 2yr course for GCSE (Junior Cert here....) and we really don't want to be messing up her career future by making a wrong decision now. I know Australia has a great educational system in place, but we just thought it would be easier for her to finish here and then she could go onto 6th form in Oz - but looks like it'll happen within the next few months. I think they start the school year in January, so that looks likely.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

You are so right. Life takes on its own natural course doesn't it? life is "ok" here, but we spend so much time giving out about the this and that and wanting to leave, try something new.When it happens suddenly its "omigod its not so bad after all"! Its like when you decide your crock of a car needs changing, you look at the prices of a new one and suddenly the old one isnt so bad after all....

I definately want to go. I think what's put the spanner in the works is this whole process has been up and down.We have been messed about a bit with getting the visa, now we have it since earlier this week. Thought we had only to validate the visa by March next year, then had to start our time in Oz within the next 3yrs - but I think what it actually means is that we have to live and work in Oz for 2 of the next 3 years from validation point. It's just brought everything much closer.

What freaks me the most, is our daughter is about to start into the 2yr course for GCSE (Junior Cert here....) and we really don't want to be messing up her career future by making a wrong decision now. I know Australia has a great educational system in place, but we just thought it would be easier for her to finish here and then she could go onto 6th form in Oz - but looks like it'll happen within the next few months. I think they start the school year in January, so that looks likely.

What kind of visa did you get? We got a 136skilled one last April - and had till March this year to make initial entry (ie, validate) - but we went in Nov/Dec for a reccie and did the validation then... We have until March2012 now before we have to become residents....
I think the schooling side of things is a big worry for a lot of people - especially with children of exam age over here...
My two are too young for us to worry about that....but i imagine it must be worrying for you guys with older kids...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:08 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

I go in 6 1/2 weeks and I am freaking out too

Homewardbound on mums login!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

We have a Skilled Independant regional (Provisional) class UX.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

We have a Skilled Independant regional (Provisional) class UX.
there's so many different visa's - i lose track of what the conditions are for each one!!

my OH doesn't appear to be phased by the prospect of the move at all (he's gagging to get there!)... But then i've worried more about leaving friends/family/work etc etc....and one of the biggest things was taking my kids away from their grandparents Still if we dont at least give it all a try i'd no doubt kick myself 10years from now...

Good luck to everyone going very soon!!!! Remember - take a nice big deep breath as you step onto that plane!

Just remembered a little phrase someone said to me years ago.....

life is like an ocean, sometimes calm and clear, at other times it's rough and dark and of it people fear...... Some stand by the sea-shore - others dip their toes, but the ones we love the most are the ones that swim each coast!

(or something like that!!!!)
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:35 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like me. 1 minute soooo excited then next shi**in it. Still mad keen to go though. Went across to mates across the road last night and on the way thought "omg we wont be able to do this in oz" The thing im most mithered about is finding work quickly and not having anyone to fall back on in an emergency.

jx