Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fraudulant migration officer

fraudulant migration officer

Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

joe 90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fraudulant migration officer

i engaged a migration officer~ she was on the registar of reputable migration officer
i started the visa process in feb 2005 and got my application in before my 45th birthday to avoid the cut off age, my agent said i would have no problem getting a SIR visa for Queensland, my wif and i passed our TRA and VITTESSE tests so we thought we were well on our way.
i had paid the agent $1500 by now and she informed me that our medicals were the next step we had all the forms 160 took our medicals with bupa and sent them off in sep 2005.
I heard nothing back so in march 2006 i rang my agent and she said no worries our paperwork had been sent on to Queensland, so i sat and waited and waited,nothing so i emailed,faxed telephoned ,no reply no answer to my emails
So this august i decided to contact the immigration dept.
They told me that they had written to <<name removed>> asking for evidence of sponsorship in april and june of 2005 they had no reply so my application was made invalid on 13/12/2005
this woman needs to be struck off and everyone made aware of her, even though the immigration wrote to her telling her my application was invalid she still led me on in march saying there was no worries and still taking my money.
can anyone help ? is there an appeal structure or anything else i can do, i am over 45 now so what do i do
i am a site agent but was emigrating on my trade as a bricklayer and my wife being a youth worker we have 2 children 17 and 15
hope someone has some ideas

joe 90

Last edited by Sue; Aug 29th 2006 at 8:30 pm. Reason: Name removed
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:15 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fraudulant migration officer

Originally Posted by joe 90
i engaged a migration officer~ she was on the registar of reputable migration officer
i started the visa process in feb 2005 and got my application in before my 45th birthday to avoid the cut off age, my agent said i would have no problem getting a SIR visa for Queensland, my wif and i passed our TRA and VITTESSE tests so we thought we were well on our way.
i had paid the agent $1500 by now and she informed me that our medicals were the next step we had all the forms 160 took our medicals with bupa and sent them off in sep 2005.
I heard nothing back so in march 2006 i rang my agent and she said no worries our paperwork had been sent on to Queensland, so i sat and waited and waited,nothing so i emailed,faxed telephoned ,no reply no answer to my emails
They told me that they had written to <<name removed>> asking for evidence of sponsorship in april and june of 2005 they had no reply so my application was made invalid on 13/12/2005
this woman needs to be struck off and everyone made aware of her, even though the immigration wrote to her telling her my application was invalid she still led me on in march saying there was no worries and still taking my money.
can anyone help ? is there an appeal structure or anything else i can do, i am over 45 now so what do i do
i am a site agent but was emigrating on my trade as a bricklayer and my wife being a youth worker we have 2 children 17 and 15

joe 90
Sorry to hear about your problem. There may be some way you can appeal, as you where misinformed.

I should tell you though, I don't think the forum administrators will allow this thread as you have named names, and that is not allowed on this forum.

You may want to edit it
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Not really my area but this link may or may not help.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/100mara.htm

There are some really clued up people on this forum who may be able to help you, feel for you though so good luck!!! i know there is an appeals process but dont know how easy or hard. Again good luck!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:51 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joe 90

joe 90
Interesting 1st post dude!!!

Good luck all the same.....sounds like you have been dealt a bum hand there!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Hi, sorry to hear of what happened to you. I may be wrong on this, but what age is your wife? if she is the right age can you not submit the visa all in her name (ie use her points only) and you go on her visa? then when you get to Aus, get your skills recognised by TRA and then you can get work.

Hope something good comes whatever you do decide to do,

Regards,
Simpy
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Was the agent MARA registered?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392552