Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frankston hospital

Frankston hospital

Old Feb 12th 2009, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

carteruk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frankston hospital

Hiya, ive been looking on internet and this forum for ages now to try find out nice suburbs near frankston hospital and now realise that it can get pretty busy (the traffic) in frankston. Im now confused as to what the nice suburbs are but that would only maybe take me 15mins to get to the hospital. I cant stand lots of traffic so hopin to find somewhere near but not too near thats nice, any advice any1? thanks claire
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Frankston hospital

Hi Claire!

I have family that live in Frankstone, i've always thought i'd love to live in Mount Martha, i think it is about 15km from Frankston. Its up on the hills over looking the water and just stuning!

Claire
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Sounds lovely!!! Hopefully traffic isnt too bad at rush hour. Just realised ur username and wondering if ur partner could be called terry? My husbands terry and obviously im claire
claire
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire!

Yep we are also Claire and Terry! I guess you are a nurse too if you need to get to Frankstone hospital??....Me too!

We are in the middle of applying for a 457 to go work in Alice Springs.

Claire
Old Feb 12th 2009, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

Thats quite weird, yeah im a nurse too. Have applied to Victoria nursing board and waiting to hear back for my registration and chances are that im going to be working in frankston hospital. I am also going for 457 visa which i think i will be starting process around August, hoping to be in australia around nov2009 - january 2010.
Which area of nursing are you in and when are you hoping to move? Oh and why alice springs when u have family elsewhere, just curious lol
claire x
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

We have just done our online visas yesterday and having medicals next week....hoping to fly out mid to late March, although may be being a little ambitious there!

Why Alice?......well we have been traveling since June 2006 when we sold up house, car, everything. We need to work some now because a)we are running out of money, and b) because i need to keep up with my nursing hours. So we figured if we were somewhere really different it wouldn't feel so much like going back to work We have spent some time in Alice Springs and really like the place to....not everyones cup of tea but town is not bad, and the surroundings are amazing, we fell in love with the McDonald ranges!

I am an a&e nurse btw

Claire x
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: UK-OZ-UK -OZ HERE I COME AGAIN ! Back in Melbourne !!
McBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really nice

Hi Carteruk1,
Yes Mt Martha is very nice , although its quite expensive.
Frankston, is probably more affordable for some , it depends on you budget and lifestyle.

Do a search on realestate.com.au, to get an idea on buying and rental prices.

Good Luck
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

yeah thanks, i looked up the property and yes its quite expensive for what we will have. Im a nurse and for the first year my husband wont be working so really need to find good affordable areas. Ive started to look at Cranbourne but just not sure as to how long a commute it is to frankston hospital?? And if anyone knows if the trains and buses are good to the hospital from cranbourne, thanks
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:39 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carteruk1
yeah thanks, i looked up the property and yes its quite expensive for what we will have. Im a nurse and for the first year my husband wont be working so really need to find good affordable areas. Ive started to look at Cranbourne but just not sure as to how long a commute it is to frankston hospital?? And if anyone knows if the trains and buses are good to the hospital from cranbourne, thanks
What sort of budget are you looking for? In terms of traffic this area is not gridlocked central london, you might find urban melbourne traffic easier too handle? Once you get over needing to drive with the force ie expect the unindicating.

http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk...ommodation.htm
I like this map because it also gives a few properties to show or indicate change in prices from different areas. Can you see how Cranbourne will be a fair distance? Why not take a look at Seaford? I know its only a 5 min drive from there to the hospital.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

Seaford excellent choice, just had a look at the map there u put and its brill, thanks!!!!!! claire
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

South Frankston is very nice bit pricey that is because the high school is highly sought after and everyone wants to live in the zone. I have friends who live off Heatherhill Road and they have a very nice house and block of land on the high side.

Langwarrin is a nice area and popular as well and there are properties of all prices there.

Somerville is close by too and I live there and love it. Its great as its closer than Mornington and Mount Martha and has everything we want and also close enough to the beaches both sides of the Peninsula. We live on the fringe on an acreage property and have done for over 20 years now.

Mornington is a huge area very built up now which is a shame as I remember how it used to be. Beach side in my opinion is where I would live if moving there.

Tyabb is a little community just six km south of Somerville on the Westernport side and its being developed a bit these days and lots of new housing around there and its easy to get to to Frankston.

The thing about Somerville and the Westernport side is that you can nip around the back roads into Frankston easily.

There are also nice areas right in Frankston off Cranbourne Road with large older style property and blocks of land and they are keenly sought as well as they are walking distance to everything.

Somerville is ringed by the zoning so cannot ever get large like Mornington but having said that we have everything you can think of here. Coles, Safeway, Aldi being built, Target, Rivers, Reject Shop, doctors, opticians, physios, community centre, many hairdressers, thai restaurant two chinese restaurants, wine bar, hotel, train we have the train.

Footy club, cricket club, tennis club, walking paths throughout, bike path right down to Summers. Retirement village. The area is mainly horsey people studs, breeders etc. High school, two primary state schools, catholic primary school, private high school at Tyabb, Flinders, Woodleigh private school is not far away as is Peninsula and Toorak College very close by too.

Do not be put off by the Frankston knockers most of them just read the papers and make assumptions which are far from true. Frankston and Mornington are not places to frequent at 2 am in the morning although my daughter and son do and they are fine. Lots of clubs etc so the young come in from all around the place.

Good luck, Frankston hospital has been very good to my family.

Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:46 am
Just Joined

sylcaddies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carteruk1
Thats quite weird, yeah im a nurse too. Have applied to Victoria nursing board and waiting to hear back for my registration and chances are that im going to be working in frankston hospital. I am also going for 457 visa which i think i will be starting process around August, hoping to be in australia around nov2009 - january 2010.
Which area of nursing are you in and when are you hoping to move? Oh and why alice springs when u have family elsewhere, just curious lol
claire x
Hi Claire
I'm new to this forum and was wondering how you got job in Frankston hospital, as this is where we want to be (got friends in Frankston). I too am a nurse and sounds as tho in similar situation to you re visa, registration etc, just need the Job.....!!!!lol
Sylviax x
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:41 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Hi folks

I'm a midwife at Frankston Hospital. We live in Mt Martha as it's quieter but still near enough to the livelier places if that's what we feel like. Yes, Frankston has it's bad points but nowhere near as bad as some people would have you believe. The beach area is great and Frankston Sth is lovely with Olivers Hill considered the posh area! There are also lots of nice areas around as mentioned above all within 20-30 mins travelling distance to the hospital.

PM me if you want to know anything about the hospital or area, I'll be glad to help
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Frankston Hospital is under Peninsula Health

Here is the site and they are looking for nurses

http://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/careersemployment
Old Feb 27th 2009, 12:00 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

If you find a job advertised on PH website which meets your needs then it's woth giving the NUM (nurse unit manager) a ring, number is usually given in advert. That way they will look out for your CV or ask you to send it to them directly instead of going through HR. Saves time in the long run.

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.